Avon rear tire

Is anyone else having trouble finding a rear tire from Avon the stock size. 240/50 R16

The Metz is too slippery.

Had the Avon on backorder for over a month. But since I was seeing cords from my Metzler, I changed to the Metzler since there was no prediction when the Avon would arrive.

I'll order an Avon sooner next time.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, can't help with the Avon tyre. I've not heard much about them, except they were suppose to be available starting the beginning of the year and the price was comparable with the Metz. I'm a darksider myself. There's no slipping with that much foot print.

imwhatim

Ordered the Avon in March. Every two weeks my dealer said another 2 weeks, then finally anothe month. Now they said end of June. Couldn't wait anothe month so she went in this morning (6-16) for a Metzler. I'm disappointed because Avon's were by far the best tires I ever ran on the Valkyrie. By the wat, I got 6,500 mi on the Metz. $340.00US dollars out the door, installed here in San Diego.

Ordered the Avon in March. Every two weeks my dealer said another 2 weeks, then finally anothe month. Now they said end of June. Couldn't wait anothe month so she went in this morning (6-16) for a Metzler. I'm disappointed because Avon's were by far the best tires I ever ran on the Valkyrie. By the wat, I got 6,500 mi on the Metz. $340.00US dollars out the door, installed here in San Diego.

Welcome to the forum. If you goto the introductions section to say hello it would be common.

this a picture of the rear avon after 7000 miles notice the uneven wear pattern two band each side of the center of the tire are completely worn out turned out the tire was underinflated for about 3000 miles and the center band tended to cup inward causing the side to bear the load and wearing heavily while riding .also upon further investigation the cause of underinflation was a minuscule nail was letting air pressure out.
the french triumph dealer who performed the 10 000 mile check did not find out the nail and pressure was leaking very slowly yet caused the tire to be unsafe at speed .

I invested in a top of the line tire pressure gauge and now before any ride I will check air pressure the proper way cause i is the only way to find out if air pressure is right
saving tire , money and possibly life.

The Rocket rear tire pressure is such a pain to measure, I only do it every few weeks. However, I have gotten used to how the bike feels while walking it when the tires are properly inflated vs when they are significantly underinflated. If I cannot easily back my Rocket out of my garage I make sure to measure and inflate before the next ride.

My next tire change, I'll be moving the inflation valve to the left side. I'm sick of burning my hand on the rotor. :eek:
That should make it easier to check the pressures so I'll do it more often.

My next tire change, I'll be moving the inflation valve to the left side. I'm sick of burning my hand on the rotor. :eek:
That should make it easier to check the pressures so I'll do it more often.

I am looking for a quick conect/ disconnet fitting on a 12 inch soft line attached to a round gauge and eventually move the valve like you on the other side

also I walked the bike this summer like Ugarte did, but could never detect just from that that the tire was underinflated I believe an actual check with gauge is the only safe way to be sure considering the strenght of the side wall on the avon rear, 5 psi less would be undetectabe.
I was down 10 psi and could not tell by empirical method wether the tire was at the proper pressure or less

Back