Avon rear tire

Yep, the Avon is more slippery than the Metz in the rain, at least that has been my experience. The Avon sure does last a lot longer though, and feels better in dry conditions. I will be staying with Avons from now on.

How are you going to move the stem?
While you have the tire off, just change sides that it protrudes. It's just held in with a nut from the inside. It may be a bit more of a bend-over getting to it while on the stand from the left, but you won't have to fish your hand past a hot rotor or the gauge around the same.

While you have the tire off, just change sides that it protrudes. It's just held in with a nut from the inside. It may be a bit more of a bend-over getting to it while on the stand from the left, but you won't have to fish your hand past a hot rotor or the gauge around the same.

Shouldn't even be checking the air pressure when the tire is warm....
It's a cold inflation PSI

Yeah but if it's low and you have to keep moving some times you just gotta do it. I had my run-in with the hot rotor on the side of the road after picking up a dyna-bolt. And then again when I got it to servo to put a little more air in than I'd managed on the road side. Whacked the back of my hand on the edge of it too while removing a sticking air hose. Besides, the rotor can get hot quicker than the tyre, so even after a short trip to the air hose you can still burn yourself and have cool tyres.

Shouldn't even be checking the air pressure when the tire is warm....
It's a cold inflation PSI
You have the strangest take on tires, 5 min in your shop and I'd find another.
So if a customer wants their tires checked, you just tell them "sorry, they're warm"?
Good way to lose customers.

Yeah but if it's low and you have to keep moving some times you just gotta do it. I had my run-in with the hot rotor on the side of the road after picking up a dyna-bolt. And then again when I got it to servo to put a little more air in than I'd managed on the road side. Whacked the back of my hand on the edge of it too while removing a sticking air hose. Besides, the rotor can get hot quicker than the tyre, so even after a short trip to the air hose you can still burn yourself and have cool tyres.

Very True.....
It does happen. Hot pressure should be just set a couple of pounds more then the cold pressure and then adjusted again cold. Meaning if you set the hot pressure at the recommmended PSI they will actually be low.
I do find that my bike handles poorly when underinflated just 3 lbs....that's about the hot pressure variance.
But for regular air pressure checks and adjustments i just bought s $20 pump that i plug into the lighter of my car. I've never had to adjust more then a couple of lbs.

You have the strangest take on tires, 5 min in your shop and I'd find another.
So if a customer wants their tires checked, you just tell them "sorry, they're warm"?
Good way to lose customers.

Variables would be less on a MC tire. But, it's easy to get it right.
FYI: I don't own a tire shop - Carl Koester - LinkedIn

This applies to car tires!!!!! I work mostly within a 2 lbs variance for MC tires. But, two lbs makes a difference on my bike.

Maintenance Tips to Increase Tire Performance, Life and Durability
Check and Adjust First Thing In The Morning. Set according to the vehicle manufacturer's cold tire pressure(s) recommended on the vehicle's tire placard or in its owner's manual. This must be done before rising ambient temperatures, the sun's radiant heat or even driving short distances temporarily warms the tires.
Accommodating Variables
Indoor-to-outdoor Temperature Variation. Significant differences between the conditions tire pressures are set (the warmth of an attached garage, heated garage or service shop) and in which the vehicle will be driven (winter's subfreezing temperatures) requires inflating tires 1 psi higher than recommended on the placard for every 10° F difference in temperature between interior and exterior temperatures.
Afternoon Ambient Temperature Increase.* Set 2 psi above vehicle manufacturer's cold inflation recommendations when installing new tires or if the vehicle has been parked in the shade for a few hours.
Tire Heat Generated While Being Driven (or at speeds of less than 45 mph).* - Set 4 psi above vehicle manufacturer's cold inflation recommendations.
Heat Generated While Being Driven Extensively (or at sustained speeds greater than 45 mph).* Set 6 psi above vehicle manufacturer's cold inflation recommendations.
Do Not Release Hot Tire Pressure if any of these variables could be the cause of measured tire pressure exceeding the maximum psi branded on the tire's sidewall by the 2, 4 or 6 psi indicated above for the various conditions. This temporary pressure increase is expected and designed into the tire's capabilities.
*NOTE: Tires on a parked vehicle exposed to direct sunlight will appear overinflated due to the heat absorbed from the radiant energy of the sun. Pressures cannot be accurately set on these tires until all have stabilized in the shade.

My point exactly.

As always Hellfire you have opinions on others. The forum is designed to post opinions on subject matter.
If you know anything about air pressure why not grace us with your insight or knowledge.
I've ignored all your insults in he past and will contunue to consider your posts as off point and tiresome. (no pun intended!)
Now...what was that milepost?
I've learned a ton about my Rocket on this forum. The knowledgeable information is great. The "tit for tat" bs is such a waste
Darn...I fell into the trap.

Back