Interested in a Australian Rocket Ride?

• Total voters
I seen the word "shine" in that Hanso,
ya'll got shine over there?
dang, I thought ya'll only drank weak warm beer.;)

I don't think he's talking about the catering Skip. He's using the word to refer to something you may not be familiar with; aplying water to the bike to clean it - intentionally! :D

I seen the word "shine" in that Hanso,
ya'll got shine over there?
dang, I thought ya'll only drank weak warm beer.;)
Whoa there Skip you confusing us with the Pommies we like our beer with a head and Ice Cold geeez ya nearly made me want to puke:eek:

its the poms that drink their beer warm mate ours is cold and ill think u will find it also has a higher alcohole content than those lollywater suds u Americans call beer :rolleyes:;):D
Sorry Mitch I didnt see you had already answered that but something you missed and that is all you guys with blacked out bikes have no shine you need some CHROME:cool:

Hey guys just got a text from Big Marty and he asked me to pass it on

G'day Hanso, pc still f#cked, hopefully back this week. Could you let the captains know still all full steam ahead for September. Venue for bike show & shine securred, final make a wish foundation registration secured. Now I can organise posters and advertising with cheek Greek.

Got the same text he must have sent it to everyone in his phone

G'Day blokes, I have missed all to tooing and throwing in this thread could some one give me a breif summary, I have booked accomidation and have allowed 4 day to get there... just need a firm date / time and any other info?

G'Day blokes, I have missed all to tooing and throwing in this thread could some one give me a breif summary, I have booked accomidation and have allowed 4 day to get there... just need a firm date / time and any other info?

Am wondering the same - is there accomodation available if you just rock up, whats the date, and which way are most going up from Sydney?

Been thinking about routes. That's ROUTES guys; grow up. ;) I know it's a long way off but it might help some guys' decision to go if they can see how doable it is.

Given that it's a long ride we don't really want to piss fart around and back-track and stuff so maybe something like this works for us southerners. Not meaning to leave anyone out but using a few names to illustrate.

Day 1. Ponters leaves Melbourne, picks up Cobber at Wodonga and they spend first night at Gundagai. 505 km (170 for Cobber) or add 100km and stay at Yass.

Day 2. Ponters and Cobber head to Muswellbrook via Cowra, Bathurst. 530km from Gundagai (via Cootamundra) or 485 km from Yass.

Kiwi and I head to Muswellbrook via Campbelltown and Penrith. 515km

Hanso heads to Muswellbrook via Kangaroo Valley (lucky bastard) 520km, meeting up with me and Kiwi at Bowral or Campbelltown on the way. Or he can meet us in Goulburn adding 45km to his trip.

Day 3. We all head to Warwick 570km via Tamworth, Armidale, Tenterfield and meet up with TC, Mitch, Bruce, Binnsy, BigAl etc

Day 4. Look out Hervey Bay 454 km

Day 2 could be longer and Day 3 shorter if we stay at Tamworth (156km from Muswellbrook). Willow Tree is roughly in the middle of the two.

Anyone coming from the west could probably aim to hook up with us around Muswellbrook/Tamworth unless you fancy going through Broken Hill, Cobar or Bourke.

Those along the way can join up or "go their own way". Anyway, just food for thought. We could knock a day off and do it in bigger chunks of around 750km but I'll be more inclined to do that on the way home.

Frocket and gra, nothing has really been decided yet but as you can see above we were considering going inland. If we go this route could join up with you in Campbeltown or Penrith or further north if that suited. Unfortunately Cobba (RIP) won't be joining us.

G'day All

Firstly I would like to apologise for not being around on the forum, have had some medical and personal issues to deal with, I'll hope you understand I don't wish to go in to details.

I sent a text the other day to about 6 captains I have in my phone as Between them and the others they know I knew the message would be spread far and wide, thanks for passing the message on.

Finally got computer back, who would have thought a software update could cause so much drama, just goes to show even from your genuine software supplier can cause a mental breakdown to software and hard ware.

Please see the new feed for Make A Wish Foundation, so all monies collected have to be recorded, including the request for tax receipts. After the event all monies are paid in one amount.

Today Cathy is going to Westpac bank to see what we have to do to set up an account that any monies received for patches and or promotional goods can be directly paid to that account.

Saturday 15th September 2012 the Hervey Bay High School has given us the use of their grounds and toilet facilities to run a bike show and fund raising activities for the Make A Wish foundation at no cost to us, many thanks to them.

What we need to do now is get a poster designed to be emailed to prospective supporters and sponsors any idea greatly appreciated. Two months display time is the plan so it doesn't get tired and posted over by other events.

Looking forward to hearing from you all with your input and participation thanks Marty.

Back