Anyone Installed a TailGunner Exhaust?

If the Rocket is a 540 deg triple, I'm not sure that you will ever get the "loping" sound that you are seeking. I don't care what other people think but I like the "sound" of a Harley. Nothing sounds better than a well tuned HD. I don't expect or want, however, to have my Rocket sound like that.

I would like for a Rocket exhaust system to achieve a deeper, more throaty sound. I have the Staintune 3-1-3 system and it's deeper than stock but not quite where I would want it to be.

Good luck with trying to find a solution. I'm sure there are others that will be watching.
Viking exhaust ;-)

Wow.... close to a 12 year old thread and I was wondering why I had never read it until I noticed someone saying they were going to purchase a Jardine exhaust system. Those are no longer available but I wish they were.

I love the sound of a stock Roadster with RamAir and Tors especially when I first ride in the morning. The engine lopes at idle for the first few intersections before it settles down to a tickover idle. Kind of wish it loped all the time. What I really like to hear is the engine spooling down as I quickly come to an intersection using only engine braking through several gears. I have had more people walk up to me with their thumbs up and ask "what the h_ll is that thing".

The Rocket has a unique sound that screams of power. I do like the sound of a Harley but I hear them all day (ho hum). A Rocket on the other hand.... causes me to turn my head and look.

Having both I just cannot get the level of comfort that a touring hog gives. Between that and I love the sound I am getting a Road Glide and popping in Harley's 131ci crate motor which for me is more than enough. Harley sound...Harley comfort and almost stock Rocket power! Taking cover and awaiting the flamethrowers.

Back