Anyone Installed a TailGunner Exhaust?

If the Rocket is a 540 deg triple, I'm not sure that you will ever get the "loping" sound that you are seeking. I don't care what other people think but I like the "sound" of a Harley. Nothing sounds better than a well tuned HD. I don't expect or want, however, to have my Rocket sound like that.

I would like for a Rocket exhaust system to achieve a deeper, more throaty sound. I have the Staintune 3-1-3 system and it's deeper than stock but not quite where I would want it to be.

Good luck with trying to find a solution. I'm sure there are others that will be watching.

I love the sound of a Harley also.. A nice shovelhead is hard to beat in the sound department.. But, I also like the sound of our RIIIs once you get passed the stock exhaust system. I really like the raspy sound of my TORs, which I've had for many, many miles now, but I will be ordering a set of Jardines next week. After hearing them at RAA III, I just had to have a set.. :D

Don't get me wrong, I think Harleys sound good (at idle), just couldn't imagine how you'd get that out of a Rocket. From the factory they sound like a sewing machine on steroids.

I, too, love the sound of an old shovelhead, especially if were one of mine. You can't get that lope without the strange stroke of the HD V-twin. It is just the way it is made. With the stock coils firing in both jugs at the same time every time and the offset pistons it just does it. I have an old "73 that has a dual fire ignition, (only fires on the cylender that is at compression) and it doesn't have the patented harley sound. It is there but the "potato-potato" sound is gone. I wouldn't want my rocket to sound like my harley. It would have to run like it also and that just would not do.

Just cruise down to the local grocery store and buy a 10 pound bag of Idaho potatoes. Strap the bag on the back of the Rocket and you'll have a 'Potato Bike'......Potato, potato, potato, potato, burp, fart, potato........:eek:

The Rocket will never lope because of the firing order. If you want lope in a Triumph, get a Bonnie or a Thrux and drop in some racing cam's. Then it will lope.

Pig9R, ...should make more hp's than db's...now that's funny.
Dennis

Still awaiting helo to Lagman, this 8 hours a day sucks, I want my 12's...can't do it till I get to my camp.

im building an exhaust using one of the other tailgunner mufflers... i have seen a tailgunner and heard it on an r3 here in socal.. dude use another one of their muffs instead.. personally i think the tailgunner is a bit far out there in looks. no matter what this bike wont sound like a harley.. with the super trapps i normally use it sounds like a very bad ass 70's muscle car. ill let you know how this muffler sounds.. should sound good.

All - Thank you for your comments and advice... I will revisit the Jardine option, I still am thinking that even if I can't get the Harley sound with the Tailgunner, that it might be a blast to put the **** thing on anyway. I'd probably run a 3 into 2 system and keep them both on the right side of the bike. I will let you know what I decide. Thanks again for the comments that's exactly what I was looking for. :D

Decision Complete

All - Thought I'd share with everyone my finding on this subject. I visited my local Harley Dealership who is a licensed distributor for the Tailgunner exhaust systems. They had one on display for me to inspect. The fit and finish of the product seemed fairly nice, and I spoke to the parts manager there and he told me that he does tries to persuade customers NOT to purchase the Tailgunner Rotary Cannon exhaust. He said that once carbon deposits are built up on the end the rotary spinner will stop spinning and that it's very difficult to clean the carbon from the pipes. After talking to this guy at length I am fairly confident that he was more than just a Harley guy but a person who knows the hell he's talking about when it comes to bikes of all makes. So there you have it, the Tailgunner exhaust is out, now I will revisit the cat bypass options as well as the 3>2 exhaust systems out there.
:rolleyes: Big Thanks to everyone for your advice, opionions and Smart a$$ comments. :D They were ALL helpful. Ride Safe.

Setting off car alarms

I have Jardines on mine and about once a month I set off a car alarm when riding by!:eek: The last one was Saturday, pulled into watch my daughter play soccer and set one off 3 cars down.

Thats just kinda puttin' around, not dumping the throttle to get attention.:cool:

Back