Anyone Installed a TailGunner Exhaust?

suthern_yankee

.020 Over
All, I am seriously considering laying the cash down and getting a Tailgunner rotating cannon exhaust for my rocket. Why? Well truth be known my family and all the guys I ride with are Harley riders, and I've always wanted the Harley sound. Yeah I know I know it's a f***** stupid reason. :eek: ANYWAY let's get past that.
What's gonna happen to performance? Do you think I'll see some serious degradation?
I'm thinking I'll drop the cat box so probably that means a remapping on the tune?
Has Anyone done this yet? Did you like it? How'd it sound?

Thoughts, Observations and Smart A$$ comments will be appreciated. :D

Thanks.
Gil

Harley Sound

Unplug one cylinder and saw the mufflers off.lol Would like to see/hear this mod when you get it done. Just get one of those shortey exaust from NewR3, That'll wake the Harley boys up.

just wondering

Another reason (other than boost) for my wanting to change out the cams was to hopefully get a little "lope" to the engine. Does anybody know if it makes a dif in the sound? I know back when I was messing with cars, I had a Fury that sounded not unlike a hardley after adding a little more duration to the cam.

All, I am seriously considering laying the cash down and getting a Tailgunner rotating cannon exhaust for my rocket. Why? Well truth be known my family and all the guys I ride with are Harley riders, and I've always wanted the Harley sound. Yeah I know I know it's a f***** stupid reason. :eek: ANYWAY let's get past that.
What's gonna happen to performance? Do you think I'll see some serious degradation?
I'm thinking I'll drop the cat box so probably that means a remapping on the tune?
Has Anyone done this yet? Did you like it? How'd it sound?

Thoughts, Observations and Smart A$$ comments will be appreciated. :D

Thanks.
Gil

Stop drinking the moonshine:eek:

You will not have the Harley sound, but you will get to hear the big triple..:D If you're coming from stock, you will need to at least get Triumph's TORs/cat bypass tune installed. More than likely, you will need to go with a PC-III or use Tuneboy to get it right though.

Check out the Jardine system. It's plenty loud, but not like a Harley. I've ridden a '92 FLHS for the past 10 years and just bought a R3 with the Jardine exhaust installed. It definitely gets attention. Best of all, it's not a Harley. Why try to make it sound like one?

Mike

Somebody around here did have one but I can't seem to find any of the posts.

I have Nev's mild cams now and it really doesn't sound any different..........I would guess primarily because it is a 3-cylinder and not an air cooled v-twin.

Regarding HD's--you should at least have more hp's than db's.

Give the tailgunners a try. I think it is fitting for the Rocket.

Check out the Jardine system. It's plenty loud, but not like a Harley. I've ridden a '92 FLHS for the past 10 years and just bought a R3 with the Jardine exhaust installed. It definitely gets attention. Best of all, it's not a Harley. Why try to make it sound like one?

Mike

AMEN on that Bro! ESPECIALLY if you remove the baffles. I just re-installed mine because I was going deaf! (Music is a big issue with me). But I installed them only after some mods. I removed all the remaining fiberglass and cut some extra holes in the forward part of the baffle to make some of the gasses pass over and around/thru the little baffle holes. If you own Jardines, you will understand. They have a much more throaty and lower sound now. (Makes HD riders salivate!) Sounds more like a diesel truck than anything else I can think of. I'm pleased but still would like to have more of an irregular idle sound instead of something akin to a ****** rocket.

Last edited:
Back