Another Triumph dealer gone!

Truimph would sell a lot of bikes in the Tulsa area if they opened a shop in Tulsa that was just a Truimph dealership. Strong customer support with a respectable parts and maintenance department. Along with a well laid out shop full of merchandise. The new Bonneville's would be a hit. As is the only company that goes through the expensive and time is Harley. Even there dual sports would sell well given the location and terrain out and around the Tulsa area. You have to spend money to make money. Truimph is not ready for this instead the bikes are offered kind of off the main showroom especially with eurosport franchises.

Every time I went there, I was usually alone. They also sold BMW, with a large used inventory. This company has a local chain of auto dealerships. I feel they thought the transactions were the same. I wish them well, and also hope someone who’s passion is motorcycles Makes a go of it.

I, too frequented that dealership since I got my two rockets. I was told the Schlossman name didn't want to deal in bikes anymore despite good revenue from that dealership. Not sure if it's true but it doesn't make sense to me. From what I heard the on site management didn't know this was coming either. I was there a month before they closed. It was sad for sure to see them go, but it brought me to Team Power Center Triumph of Janesville WI. I have been getting good service from them, and the owners Todd and Darcy have been great.

those buying new bikes will buy from the dealer then most try and do all maintenance/service work them selfs,
Here I can guaranty that is NOT the model. New riders (i.e. not us old "dribblers") are what keeps "workshops" very active with "routine maintenance". The home maintainers also very often screw things up on newer models. Even quite simple changes can have huge knock on effects. Workshops that accept remedial jobs generally lose money on those jobs too.

Us oldies have had a long progressive "how to" learning curve. Now you have to be mechanically savvy (and that is why most decent shops keep an old codger on the books) but also very "IT" aware. Those that can fully cover both facets are VERY few and far between. So expensive to hire.

Sales would appear more fluid - I'll agree. Main dealers have to compete with often unscrupulous multi-marque grey "sellers". And these as often as not are what screws up the customer satisfaction matrix. The knock on however is felt by the genuine dealers. The grey sellers simply drop that marque and move to another. It gets severe when a genuine dealer plays the grey dealer game.

imo ALL MARQUES pay too much importance to "locale" aesthetics in their main dealers. More often than not it is the customer-dealership relationship that closes the deal - not the ruddy colour scheme.

My dealer was Shambeaus in Two Rivers, WI when I lived 20 miles up the road in Kewaunee. He had a great selection and gave reasonable discounts on the accessories that were available at the time I bought my 2007.

He went out of business altogether after I moved to NJ. It’s a dealer wasteland here. We lost several dealers since moving here in 2008. I had two update kits installed, first one half-assed at Manayunk and problem was identical after so called work. Had a decent dealer in Boyertown, PA for the second update. Cost me $3600 out of pocket between the two.

We’ve lost a few Honda dealers too, so Triumph isn’t the only one with issues. Doubt I’d ever buy another Triumph due to dealer availability.

Triumph America are totally arrogant. I've hear story after story from Triumph dealers verifying that Triumph AMerica demands excessive unit sales, excessive clothing and accesory sales, excessive floor space devoted to Triumph units, etc, etc. I love my '04 Big Red R III but I have to admit, while the bike is great, the dealership situation is truly poor and I lay the blame at Triumph America, not the individuals dealers..
Did you not mean unreasonable demands from Triumph???... as that is what I always heard. They ask for the moon from these guys like they had the business of a Honda or Harley dealership.

I recently went to the Detroit Triumph when I was in town for business. Very nice people there. They spent a lot of time with me looking for parts I was wanting for my 2011 R3T.

I know Indian put a lot of requirements on their dealers also for their showrooms. I bought an Indian in 2018 and my R3T last April.

Back