Another Triumph dealer gone!

Jvheli

Nitrous
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster
Milwaukee ‘s only Triumph dealer closed its doors. Bummer, it’s where I bought mine new, got all my piece parts for my engine build. Maybe someone will pick up the brand here locally.

Neither Buffalo nor Rochester have one now either, unreasonable demands of the dealer will come back to haunt them, I think. They're not exactly a top brand, like Harley or Honda. I would think they would want every dealer possible.

Last edited:
Neither Buffalo nor Rochester have one now either, unreasonable demands from the dealer will come back to haunt them, I think. They're not exactly a top brand, like Harley or Honda. I would think they would want every dealer possible.

Did you not mean unreasonable demands from Triumph???... as that is what I always heard. They ask for the moon from these guys like they had the business of a Honda or Harley dealership.

Correct, I edited it. My local dealer put an addition on and gave Triumph a stand alone room as they demanded, plans approved by Triumph. Two years later they came back and wanted him to replace the vinyl plank flooring with ceramic tile, he told them come get your sheit. That's on top of a mandatory amount of clothing and accessories he had to take, Triumph guys ain't like Harley guys, spending more on clothes and bling than their bikes.

Triumph guys ain't like Harley guys, spending more on clothes and bling than their bikes.
Old ones - maybe not. New ones - I dunno. No really I don't. But then I am oldish. I see lots's of guys in TRIUMPH garb. Actual most Triumph owners seem to be quite "proud" to sport the name. Want mobile advertising Mr Bloor? - Pay me. Otherwise I'll wear unbranded.

Here's a little something I read in the UK a couple of weeks ago which gave me a moment of contemplation on how I spend my "wealth". Maybe it will give you one too.

It may be a UK thing - but the gist was that the generation born in the '80's have less disposable income than the prior generation - something that has previously not happened.

Here I know masses of youngsters (relatively) who do not even drive. They use the bus/metro etc. And if they buy owt - 'tis now electric.

I think frankly we'll see more and more reduction in turnover - so more and more reduction in Point of Sale and more and more reduction in variation of price. This obviously only applies in mature markets - emerging markets are a far more exciting venture. But they may gain from our suffering.

Dealerships are going the way of the shopping malls--- most buying now is done online from the comfort of your chair-it encourages the fat bastards to get faster, those buying new bikes will buy from the dealer then most try and do all maintenance/service work them selfs, hard to believe but dealers do not make a fortune from bike sales the service work and add ons is the icing on the cake take that away and it becomes hard for dealers to make money.
Plus the requirements put on them from the manufacturer:eek: Triumph would do good to remember this is not the 50/60s when they ruled the World nowadays they are a two bit-player in a big market.

There was a authorized dealer in OKC a few years back but the demands Truimph made on them about show room display and gear was to much for them. Performance cycle is still in business and have some really sharp mechanics. Small shop with a very down to earth atmosphere. Eurosport has taken over OKC. Multiple dealership with BMW being their primary make. Problem with those folks is their mechanics. Lack of pay results in mechanics that find changing a back tire on a rocket is to much for them.

I've seen first-hand what happens when dealers aren't bringing in revenue. A former AR shop used to write loans to themselves, and a former OK dealer used to agree to meetings with a Triumph rep and then not show up at his own shop when they arrived. It wasn't better with their replacements or attempts to re-enter the market.

There is still a negative personal influence on previous experiences, I tend to doubt any excuse a dealer gives for dropping the brand, but in truth it isnt different than any other small business going through struggles.

Hope a new dealer comes in.

Back