We are now just outside Missoula Montana. Today was hundreds of miles of two lane running next to the Salman River in Idaho and Montana. We hardly see any cars but quite a few motorcycles. I want Gina to see Flathead Lake in the daytime so we got a room after only 350 miles. Tomorrow we will ride next to Flathead Lake for maybe 100 miles. The bike is still running like new. There were many twisty roads today and I'm always amazed at how effortless this thing handles even two up. We talk to many folks, some on bikes, at our gas stops and all ask about lots of questions about the bike. Lots of touring riders are missing the boat on this one. Triumph just doesn't seem to advertise t at all. In one spot we went around a bend and I noticed some deer drinking on the river so we took a picture. As you can see the road surface is pristine for hundreds and hundreds of miles.
more two lane, finely a car.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 6.28.19 PM.png
salman river.jpg
gina and me.jpg
gina and me.jpg
salman river.jpg

rocket back from Montana.JPG
Back home today, another 2400 mile trip on the Rocket and it is still like new. I set the cruise to 88 mph and go for hundreds of miles at a time on hi way 15 like that. The bike does not use a drop of oil. We left OGDON UT last night at 2:30 am. We rode all night and arrived here in Vegas at 9:30 am. We got thru Salt Lake City with no traffic at that hour and no traffic all the way home. I have the stock headlight on the bike and with the fog lights on I can see great. The bike gets about 37 mpg at 88 mph with me and the wife and our stuff. Later today our mobile detail guy will come here and make the bike gleam again. Next week I'll drop it at TRIUMPH for the 10000 mile service. I am amazed at what a perfect bike this has been for us on these trips. It handles so sweet in the curves, I never feel like its close to the edge on the turns and it does not drag anything easily even two up. It never makes any new noises for me to think about either. Un fortunately I may park it for a while as the next long ride goes to the Boss Hoss, but it will be shine and serviced and ready when its turn comes around again.

Last edited:
Back