LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
VELO ALONE RT SIDE.JPG
FXR  DONE IN GARAGE GOOD.JPG
Tomorrow Gina and I leave on another trip on our trusty Triumph. This time we leave Las Vegas and head for Montana, up by the Canadian border around Flathead Lake. Its a little over 1100 miles each way. We recently went to VIDA Oregon and a few places along the way on it. We got two new tires on the way back in Reno. I been riding my other bikes since then to all kinds of places. We just rode the Boss Hoss to Ventura California at the beach. I recently finished getting my 1966 Velocette running and been riding that some also. We also have a 1994 Harley Davidson FXLR that I still love, it has no windshield or bags and the motor is bone stock. Its just fun to ride, its simple, no FI or computer, no ABS and its light with just enough power to be fun. Our Rocket so far has been nothing but a pleasure so tomorrow it will add some more miles. We only use it for trips, its rarely ridden locally.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a PHENOMENAL ride... I've been fortunate to do it twice from LV to the Flathead Lake area (I have a good friend there); once on my Thunderbird and then on my R3T. Now I am stationed in Shreveport LA but am looking forward to getting back to LV permanently within the next 5 years. Thanks for sharing the cool photos and Have FUN!
-MIG

That is a PHENOMENAL ride... I've been fortunate to do it twice from LV to the Flathead Lake area (I have a good friend there); once on my Thunderbird and then on my R3T. Now I am stationed in Shreveport LA but am looking forward to getting back to LV permanently within the next 5 years. Thanks for sharing the cool photos and Have FUN!
-MIG
Let us know when you get here. We have another good friend that will ride as far as PIOCHE with us and then they will head back.

We made it just past Twin Falls Idaho today. Nice weather will mid day, almost as hot in Twin Falls as Las Vegas. Bike could care less, runs like a clock. McCruise set at 80 or 85 most of the time. Idaho is slower, we are on two lane roads. Bike has not used a drop of oil since leaving for OREGON on our last trip and returning and leaving on this trip. Still exactly full. Am in a motel right now, its morning and am leaving.

Back