Another one gone

I myself love riding at night, but most people do not:eek: the driver probably turning left seems like he/she was not able to judge the speed and the distance and bang one more down, if the bike had been riding the speed limit (or close to it) he would probably be with us today.

I agree Scottie, as a 17 year old on a Norton Commando (bike was 1 year old at the time) I would ride as fast as my dumb little backside would let me !
I would curse all the dumb car drivers that pulled out in front of me and were "just out to kill me" !
Well, guess what, now that I have a few more riding years on board I look back at those times and think, you know that car driver stopped at the Intersection looked both ways, the road was clear so they pulled out.
What they didn't factor in was that I was travelling at 100 MPH and when they looked in my direction I was still a mile away, the road was clear so out they came.
So really, who's fault was it that "that darn car driver was out to kill me" ! o_O Duh !

The one thing that it did teach tho' me was to LOOK and SEE, ALL hazards, all around.

As I've often said, "it's no small miracle that I'm still alive" :eek:

I hate riding at night. I can’t see enough of my environment to be comfortable. If I have to I go a lot slower. Dave you remember riding that Devils Triangle? What fun would that be at night? How insanely dangerous would that be? 100 mph through a traffic light? Get real and get sane.

Sorry about your comrade. You stay well and I’ll see you in MV.

Sorry about your friend Sonny.

Dr.D and Grumpy I have the same issue, even in the truck. I used to have to wear sun glasses at night :eek: now I have to use yellows to se in the daylight.

Back