Another one dragged home.......

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I have found I am just not complete unless there is a orphan in the garage that needs a pile of attention to be brought back to life. It keeps me busy and the gives the Wife a fighting spirit that I enjoy. (After 30 years of marriage you take a little spice up any way you can get it.) Here is the latest addition, 1973 Honda CB 450. It has literally been sitting for over 40 years, part of that in the open. This one truly amazes me, the clock is showing a little over 4k and I believe it very well could be accurate. Rust of course is the major demon, but after all of that time it has decent compression, all of the lights and signals still function, and the inside of the gas tank looked like new thanks to a tight sealing gas cap. I believe there could be hope she will live to be back on the road again. The deciding factor was when I offered the owner 100.00 bucks, I was loading it on my trailer the same afternoon. Applying for a title and ordering parts that time destroyed, chain, horn, solenoid, points so on and so on. (Adds to the fighting spirit to the better half.) With me luck and accepting donations of WD 40.......

I admire your vision and work, and what a great bike. I've been wishing for years that Honda sell a modern 450 . . . I bet the insurance rates would be reasonable -- it would be easy to handle for the average rider, particularly in parking lots and inclines, great on gas. Just whistling in the wind. Honda learned their sad lesson with the PC-800 - one of the best commuter bikes of all time, and in two production runs could hardly give them away.

Abarth is a 2013 convertible. Wife's car, her pride and joy. I don't get behind the wheel that often, but in sport mode with the esc off, the little &*^%($ will move................

No $hit. Try it as a two point vise 4.1 engine.Big time modified. top end around 160 mph. The fun part is will corner like you would not believe. Never really got in to cars much but this one kicks. Only ride it,during bad weather. Yes I said ride.:confused::confused::):):):):):)

CB 450, omg the aftermarket parts list is sooooooooooooo long lol. Such an amazing little toy bike. I am absolutely enamored with the really well done cafe conversions of them, bar none, it's my favorite cafe platform.

Looking forward to see what you come up with for her. IV seen a few with nice GSXR front end conversions etc, making them into really nice handling bikes, even compared to modern fare.

When I was a teenager I had exactly that model CB450 for a short time, my mate was going overseas and gave it to me. Had stuffed swing-arm bushes that I replaced. I used it while I was rebuilding my old 66 Tiger then gave it away to someone else. Was fun to ride but I remember it had real lousy fuel economy compared to my Triumph.

They don't run valve springs but have torsion bars instead, they can be prone to breaking from memory, mine never did and think there are aftermarket kits.

Thanks for the pics and memories there.

Back