Another New R3 Owner - Houston, TX

Thanks for the response guys.

For some reason I just now found the posts. Doesn't this forum send you email notification when someone replies to your thread??

I'm not in with all the lingo and need a little help. What is "TOR" and "PCIII"?

Doesn't this forum send you email notification when someone replies to your thread??
I have that turned off, some people could potentially recieve dozens of emails a day if that feature was active, which would be quite annoying. I think the only way I would activate that is if the place completely melted down and I had to moderate every new post, and I just can't see that happening. I can't turn it on for just one person either, its an all or none sort of deal. If you keep an eye on the color codes of the dots to the left of the forums its easy to find new posts, or you can simply use the new posts feature at the top of the page.

TORS = Triumph Off Road mufflers, much louder than the stockers.

PCIII = Power Commander 3, its an aftermarket device that hooks into your ECM and you can load perfomance "tunes" into it. A "chip" if you will.

Hey RocketCrazy nice to have you with here with the powercrazies.I don't think I need more hp just yet but have heard a couple of set ups.The Mad Dogs give a nice throaty sound with the cat on.For me getting on in time prefer the stock set up but may go to a cat delete pipe for some more character.The TOR's and cat delete are a little loud for my taste but to each their own when it comes to that and of coarse local ordinances which are a changing:mad:

Ok, so the "TORS" are what you guys are calling the upgrade muffler set from Triumph. My dealer is recommending those obviously along with the catalytic converter removed as here in Houston, Texas area it is not a requirement and the benefits he says warrant it's removal.

I need to look into the Mad Dogs it looks like. I'm not familiar with these pipes but what I am after is a deep "hit ya in the chest" sound and a little more power if possible.

One thing that I kinda regret doing is adding the Kuryakyn grips. They are are so much larger in diameter that it's a little hard for me to maintain a confident grip of this machine when get'n on it in 1st. Man does it pull good.:D

.... My dealer is recommending those obviously along with the catalytic converter removed as here in Houston, Texas area it is not a requirement and the benefits he says warrant it's removal...

Which dealer? Just curious ... I live SSW of Houston about 70 miles.

Chuck

Welcome homey

Welcome and congrats from one Texas Captain to another! I've had mine since October and have just over 2000 miles with no problems. Hope to see you on the road sometime.:bch:

Which dealer? Just curious ... I live SSW of Houston about 70 miles.

Chuck
Chuck,

The dealer I purchased from is Polaris West in Katy. They've been a pretty good shop to deal with so far.

Any others around other than the guys on College Ave?

Hey Rocketcrazy

I'm down here in Leauge city. I got mine from the guy's on Collage Ave. Didn't like the attatude up there in Katy. Nice people down here.

Back