Another header for 2020+ bikes

In my youth I loved a loud exhaust note on my bikes. Now I don't and it's not necessarily the noise it's the tools that feel the need to continually rev the engine to get attention. They ruin it for everyone due to their need for a perceived acceptance and self worth because they constantly rev while walking their bikes peacocking (a bit funny to watch). I never understood why someone with zero baffles in his exhaust feels the need to constantly rev the engine. It's a short Pud syndrome as far as I'm concerned. A nice throaty tone on a bike sounds great but extremely loud exhaust and constant revving is just for attention. When in Monterey two weeks ago I couldn't ride the 17 mile coastal scenic drive on my Rocket . I was denied entrance at the gate and the reason was too many complaints from the residents concerning loud motorcycle riders constantly gunning their engines up and down the 17 loop so all motorcycles are now banned unless you're a resident. Having a louder exhaust on the freeway is fine but the constant revving in town? Come on!!

Looks like Carpenter is close to producing a different header for our beloved Rockets. They say it is a "3 into 2 into 2 into 1 header" and named it the "TXL". Doesn't look too bad if ceramic coated and equipped with heat shields. Not too promising for the GT model though.
I had the full Carpenter job done on my 2007 Rocket Classic. Only got 208 HP because I just could not bare his exhaust! The new ones are just as bad or worse in terms of their looks.
I'm sure I could have made 30 more hp but his engine building is fantastic but his taste in exhausts is not mine!

Back