AN UNEXPECTED NEW HELMET

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
On my recent trip south through OR, CA, UT, NV & AZ I had an expensive mishap in Huntington Beach. Pulling into a garage I crunched my Schuberth shield. $100 out the window . . .
I went shopping at a motor store that was the size of a darn mall! They had no Schuberth shields, BUT, they had tons of helmets!
I am always researching helmets, so I inquired about the new AGV Sportmodular Carbon. To my surprise they had several in stock. OK, I said, do you have it in size XL? They had four! I was pointed up to the top shelf 12 feet high where they sat. One I saw was even a High-Vis Yellow & black (my colors!). Is that an XL, I asked? Yes indeed was the answer, so I asked him to get it down here for a try-on.
Well, I saved $100 on a Schuberth shield . . . and spent $849 + tax on a new lid!
Spent an hour or two or three transferring my Sena s20 EVO and was on my way the next morning.

This is my first modular flip up. The fit was tight, especially at the corner of my jaw. Took me a few attempts to get used to the opening mechanisms for the shield and for the face lid.
After 1800 miles the tight fit has relaxed. I am impressed with how light, quiet, comfy and well ventilated this lid is. Not even one nightly sore neck!
Really liking this new lid!
AGV Sportmodular Carbon Tricolore Helmet - RevZilla

On my recent trip south through OR, CA, UT, NV & AZ I had an expensive mishap in Huntington Beach. Pulling into a garage I crunched my Schuberth shield. $100 out the window . . .
I went shopping at a motor store that was the size of a darn mall! They had no Schuberth shields, BUT, they had tons of helmets!
I am always researching helmets, so I inquired about the new AGV Sportmodular Carbon. To my surprise they had several in stock. OK, I said, do you have it in size XL? They had four! I was pointed up to the top shelf 12 feet high where they sat. One I saw was even a High-Vis Yellow & black (my colors!). Is that an XL, I asked? Yes indeed was the answer, so I asked him to get it down here for a try-on.
Well, I saved $100 on a Schuberth shield . . . and spent $849 + tax on a new lid!
Spent an hour or two or three transferring my Sena s20 EVO and was on my way the next morning.

This is my first modular flip up. The fit was tight, especially at the corner of my jaw. Took me a few attempts to get used to the opening mechanisms for the shield and for the face lid.
After 1800 miles the tight fit has relaxed. I am impressed with how light, quiet, comfy and well ventilated this lid is. Not even one nightly sore neck!
Really liking this new lid!
AGV Sportmodular Carbon Tricolore Helmet - RevZilla

Very SPIVVY Mate! All those Hornets on ******ies wont know what hit them when a huge Bumble Bee turns up in their mirrors. buy this mask and freak them out even more when you flip your lid at the next set of lights;):D:cool:

32ac78287f8e1bb2d78b8a66f4b1010a--mask-ideas-masky.jpg

SPORTMODULAR MULTI E2205 - HI VIS CARBON/YELLOW FL.

6321b970-3b93-41e5-abbb-c1955006f0aa

I am not sure who is worse (or better;)) at spending cash on bike stuff - you or me? But I suspect it is YOU Steve! ;):D:whitstling::whitstling:

I am surprised you didn't grab another brand new C4 for just $350 while you were there.
Don't they come new with a spare screen too?;):D.

schuberth_c4_helmet_750x750.jpg

Schuberth C4 Helmet | 53% ($399.01) Off! - RevZilla

Last edited:
Very SPIVVY Mate! All those Hornets on ******ies wont know what hit them when a huge Bumble Bee turns up in their mirrors.;):D:cool:

SPORTMODULAR MULTI E2205 - HI VIS CARBON/YELLOW FL.

6321b970-3b93-41e5-abbb-c1955006f0aa

I am not sure who is worse (or better;)) at spending cash on bike stuff - you or me? But I suspect it is YOU Steve! ;):D:whitstling::whitstling:

I am surprised you didn't grab another brand new C4 for just $350 while you were there.
Don't they come new with a spare screen too?;):D.

Schuberth C4 Helmet | 53% ($399.01) Off! - RevZilla

That there's the bumble bee now on my head!

32ac78287f8e1bb2d78b8a66f4b1010a--mask-ideas-masky.jpg

I just saw this, Ish!
Very Kewl!
Would make a great Halloween mask!

I almost bought a Sportmodular myself. Couldn't find one to try and was not putting out the $850 before trying it.

Good buy my friend!

Back