AN UNEXPECTED NEW HELMET

6C32A77F-CFB2-410C-968A-216C13FAE29C.png
Thought they would be more expensive in Aust. $999 for Matt black would do me can’t see the value in $1099 for Hi/Vis

Motor crash stats show that riders wearing white or hi-viz helmets have far fewer crashes than others.

UPDATE: I had many issues with this LS2 Valiant helmet and am trying to get a refund from FC-Moto.

1. Advertised as Chrome but is really Green Chrome. Clashes with bike colors.
2. Sizing chart is way off. It says I need L/XL. I couldn't even close the XL chin guard and had to return it ($79US shipping). Their largest XXXL is still too tight around my jaw. It was even painful after 2hrs and I had to flip up the chin guard for relief. I do have a round face but the old XL HJC and XXL Nolan fit fine.
3. It leaked around the main visor on the first ride in the rain. Water seal is weak at speed.
4. Visor lift point is in the middle TOP which means you have to swipe across shield to lift it. Blocks view and will cause scratches.
5. Noisier than my old modular Nolan at high speeds.
6. Did not come with DOT sticker and therefore is illegal in USA. LS2 America would not help me
get the sticker as it was purchased overseas. No warranty as they said it was 'grey market' - WTF!

7. When you open OR close the chin piece, it automatically lifts the shield and you have to manually close it. This is awkward at best at moderate speed and dangerous at high speeds.
8. The inner visor seemed hazy.

I really wanted to like this helmet but this is unacceptable for a US$375 lid...

For now, I'm refreshing my Nolan liners, replacing the internal visor and cleaning it up while I search for a different alternative. Boo Hoo.

Original post:
--------------------------------------------------------

Very nice helmet. I was just researching and had my eye on it.

My 16+ year old Nolan N103 modular served me well but it started to leak around the visor so I decided to
replace it for next season.

I had looked at the Roof Boxer helmet online awhile back due to the jet fighter look and I liked the way you could flip the face piece
all the way back to convert it to a 3/4 helmet --- but they weren't US DOT certified.

So I looked again thinking I could just put a $1 sticker on it but found that you need two hands to flip it up - not me. The
Boxer Desmo has a better release but the chin piece sticks out on both when flipped back and they appear lacking in ventilation...

I then looked at Airoh but they are not approved here yet either, so I looked at the Shark Evo and LS2 Valiant FF399 which are DOT stamped.

I opted for the LS2 as it seemed to get a little better rating and it came in Black Chrome. I may put decals or paint over their side logos if they don't come off.

It was purchased from fc-moto.de who has good prices (I had to pay shipping though) PLUS they had pictures of the actual helmet. Hopefully it will fit so I don't have to pay for shipping to up-size it.

FF399-CHROME-360-09.jpg

Last edited:
On my recent trip south through OR, CA, UT, NV & AZ I had an expensive mishap in Huntington Beach. Pulling into a garage I crunched my Schuberth shield. $100 out the window . . .
I went shopping at a motor store that was the size of a darn mall! They had no Schuberth shields, BUT, they had tons of helmets!
I am always researching helmets, so I inquired about the new AGV Sportmodular Carbon. To my surprise they had several in stock. OK, I said, do you have it in size XL? They had four! I was pointed up to the top shelf 12 feet high where they sat. One I saw was even a High-Vis Yellow & black (my colors!). Is that an XL, I asked? Yes indeed was the answer, so I asked him to get it down here for a try-on.
Well, I saved $100 on a Schuberth shield . . . and spent $849 + tax on a new lid!
Spent an hour or two or three transferring my Sena s20 EVO and was on my way the next morning.

This is my first modular flip up. The fit was tight, especially at the corner of my jaw. Took me a few attempts to get used to the opening mechanisms for the shield and for the face lid.
After 1800 miles the tight fit has relaxed. I am impressed with how light, quiet, comfy and well ventilated this lid is. Not even one nightly sore neck!
Really liking this new lid!
AGV Sportmodular Carbon Tricolore Helmet - RevZilla
Still waiting for my **** Skully, ordered in Jan of last year

Still waiting for my **** Skully, ordered in Jan of last year

OH yes, I found this:

We are happy to inform you that the assets of SKULLY, Inc., have been acquired by Ivan Contreras and Rafael Contreras, successful businessmen in a variety of global turnaround industrial and technology ventures, with the goal of fulfilling SKULLY’s destiny.

Ivan Contreras, President of the new company SKULLY Technologies, assembled a new leadership team and has located the headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.

SKULLY Technologies is unrelated to the former SKULLY, Inc., which filed bankruptcy and is no longer in business. Although SKULLY Technologies has no formal obligation to the customers of the now defunct SKULLY, Inc., we recognize that hundreds of SKULLY helmet enthusiasts around the world have contributed to this product and were understandably disappointed that they never received one.

OH yes, I found this:
We are happy to inform you that the assets of SKULLY, Inc., have been acquired by Ivan Contreras and Rafael Contreras, successful businessmen in a variety of global turnaround industrial and technology ventures, with the goal of fulfilling SKULLY’s destiny.

Ivan Contreras, President of the new company SKULLY Technologies, assembled a new leadership team and has located the headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.

SKULLY Technologies is unrelated to the former SKULLY, Inc., which filed bankruptcy and is no longer in business. Although SKULLY Technologies has no formal obligation to the customers of the now defunct SKULLY, Inc., we recognize that hundreds of SKULLY helmet enthusiasts around the world have contributed to this product and were understandably disappointed that they never received one.

So spend another US$1900 and we may deliver you one finally!

What did the first corporation receive for deposits or fully paid orders from each of the 'disappointed'?

Fairly cheap if you priced a Zumo Garmin when they came out, before discounting dropped them a third, and all the other gizmos besides the helmet which MAY itself be quite average compared to a top line helmet from a leading company. Hopefully they may get cheaper too but I doubt it.

SKULLY FENIX AR

Back