Aluminum radiators?

IngrahamS

.040 Over
Ride
Sold my Rocket need another...
Just found that the radiator on my 06 is leaking. Does anyone have any experience with the aluminum radiators on eBay? There are a few options and I’m curious if one is better than the other. Thanks

-Stew

Just found that the radiator on my 06 is leaking. Does anyone have any experience with the aluminum radiators on eBay? There are a few options and I’m curious if one is better than the other. Thanks

-Stew
@1olbull put a after market one on his that he is impressed with. He'll be along to point out the needed information.

-Stew

If you can identify the location of the leak and its easily accessible, I'd pull the radiator and find a good aluminum welder. Usually aluminum radiators stress crack at the tank corners or where the tubes join at the upper/ lower tanks, in my experience.

All the threads I read on here were positive about the tanks on eBay, Apollo racing, yep made in China but no issues have were raised with the research I did here, Claviger installed one for 1olbull in a particular thread I read and with a little massaging it fit with a thumbs up from rob who stated he would be buying one to have as spare in case they stopped making them, something about the plastic guard holes need to be made bigger or something to that effect but if you have an ss cover by Hogweed fitment is really close. I have one in a box if you want pictures, it’s the black from Apollo on eBay.

Last edited:
Radiator replacement subject/ posted by Claviger lot of good info can be found in this thread (the bold is not my idea) don’t know why it’s typing like that

Attachments

• 4C7AAB4E-BD87-45AD-9C57-CA2BD3718D6D.png
    4C7AAB4E-BD87-45AD-9C57-CA2BD3718D6D.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 5
I had to get new radiator as mine got bust after I had an off. The genuine trumpet part T2108307 is £784.72 in the UK. WTH!

I got this Chinese pattern part for £210 and it fitted okay. For 2008 Triumph Rocket 3 Aluminum Radiator 2006 2004-2017 711508164926 | eBay

It's the Apollo Racing one. I had to make some of the plastic chrome looking radiator shrouds fit by opening up some mounting holes but it was quite a good fit. Pipes lined up fine.

I bought 1 from winner racing 32mm core - none of the panel work fits but the radiator itself is working fine, workmanship was fine - no leaks, mounting was ok.

Bull does this radiator allow for the plastic chrome covers to be re-fitted properly ? Is it thicker than the stock radiator ? Does it hold more fluid ?

Back