Alternative to those 2 ugly guages ?

Damd8279

.040 Over
Has anyone moved away from the 2 guage set-up, perhaps digital ? I really want to get rid of my guages but cant find a viable alternative that still has everything they do........they just dont look right sitting in between a set of 16" apes.......if you know of something, let me know......

Alternative guages

I ordered two chromed stainless steel 58mm 'guage cups' from Ebay @ £13 each (from Hong Kong but seem fine!!) and a standard 'car' style clock and voltmeter (people tell me the fuel guage is a waste of time). The guages mount each side of the rear of the standard screen using existing bolt holes but with stainless 'security hex bolts' to deter theft. The wiring is fairly straight forward-you just use an 'ignition live' for the voltmeter (under tank-Also used to fire additional relays when ignition on) and the clock goes to my battery extension lead (8 way OEM connector for my accessories-fogs rear marker lights-emergancy flasher unit etc thus keeping the wiring loom stock)-Use heat shrink to keep everything neat tidy and waterproof. If you dont have a screen you willhave to purchase two chromed 1" tacho handlebar clamps from a supplier (M&P do them in the UK) and use stainless bolts to attatch. This setup cost me less than one of the Triumph guages and I think it looks better-less clutter on the handlebars.

All the best
Tosh
York
UK

I ordered two chromed stainless steel 58mm 'guage cups' from Ebay @ £13 each (from Hong Kong but seem fine!!) and a standard 'car' style clock and voltmeter (people tell me the fuel guage is a waste of time). The guages mount each side of the rear of the standard screen using existing bolt holes but with stainless 'security hex bolts' to deter theft. The wiring is fairly straight forward-you just use an 'ignition live' for the voltmeter (under tank-Also used to fire additional relays when ignition on) and the clock goes to my battery extension lead (8 way OEM connector for my accessories-fogs rear marker lights-emergancy flasher unit etc thus keeping the wiring loom stock)-Use heat shrink to keep everything neat tidy and waterproof. If you dont have a screen you willhave to purchase two chromed 1" tacho handlebar clamps from a supplier (M&P do them in the UK) and use stainless bolts to attatch. This setup cost me less than one of the Triumph guages and I think it looks better-less clutter on the handlebars.

All the best
Tosh
York
UK
I hate reading me likes pictures big pictures:D

Back