Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
So when I went to purchase the bike, I went to the stealership around an hour and a half away and they could not find the keys. I waited all day and they ended up getting a locksmith in there to make a key for it. I rode it, loved it, bought it.

Triumph after sales, took my VIN and had 2 keys cut for me which I have received. Key works on my bags, ignition and sissy bar.

Do i have an alarm on my 09 R3T? I see people talking about them, but i have no other key for any alarm or a fob or anything. Just curious how the alarm works and if I even have to worry about it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

So when I went to purchase the bike, I went to the stealership around an hour and a half away and they could not find the keys. I waited all day and they ended up getting a locksmith in there to make a key for it. I rode it, loved it, bought it.

Triumph after sales, took my VIN and had 2 keys cut for me which I have received. Key works on my bags, ignition and sissy bar.

Do i have an alarm on my 09 R3T? I see people talking about them, but i have no other key for any alarm or a fob or anything. Just curious how the alarm works and if I even have to worry about it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Think it was a factory option... My classic has one and have had no trouble with it... but some can be problematic... if I had a choice I wouldn't have it but will keep it until it starts to develop problems.

Think it was a factory option... My classic has one and have had no trouble with it... but some can be problematic... if I had a choice I wouldn't have it but will keep it until it starts to develop problems.

Would I know if I did have it? How would I tell?

I would think so as mine auto alarms around 20 seconds after key is removed, and if you switch ignition on without disarming it then it goes off... Mines factory fit and is slotted in behind the battery under the seat.

Walk out to it without the key and kick it :D

Only joking, if you pop the tank up there's a plug on the wiring harness there for the alarms.
If it's "blanked" then you don't have an alarm for sure*.

* P.S. it is possible to have an aftermarket alarm without using this connector, although ime chances are it would be used

Last edited:
Walk out to it without the key and kick it :D

Only joking, if you pop the tank up there's a plug on the wiring harness there for the alarms.
If it's "blanked" then you don't have an alarm for sure.

I was thinking a ball bat, but kicking it would for sure work. I will take the tank up and take a look.

If it was a Triumph alarm, it is installed afterwards, it not a standard option. If you don't press the fob and try to turn the key on, the alarm goes off.

if i had the alarm i would carry the plug to replace it so as not to be stuck when it goes out.

Back