Airhawk seat cushion vs Day-Long saddle

I just ordered the Freedom Air cushion standard size. Its similar to AirHawk cushion in which I saw a few have those on the Fall RAA so I will let you know the results once I try it.

The AirHawk must work pretty good....... I saw NM Rocket looking in his saddle bags WHILE DRIVING his motorcycle for his AirHawk. So anyone that desparte they must work! :D

I must be the only person who is satisfied with the Classic seat I have on my Standard. The original was horrible, and I did use one of the beaded pads a couple of times with it which made quite a difference on a long trip. At $18 it was difficult not to try it and I recommend at least giving one a go before forking out hundreds. It did allow air flow between my bum and the seat, which was great in hot eather, not so good in cold, and was easy on and off.
But I don't have any complaints about my Classic seat, even after several hours, and my passengers like it too.

you will like

I just ordered the Freedom Air cushion standard size. Its similar to AirHawk cushion in which I saw a few have those on the Fall RAA so I will let you know the results once I try it.

The AirHawk must work pretty good....... I saw NM Rocket looking in his saddle bags WHILE DRIVING his motorcycle for his AirHawk. So anyone that desparte they must work! :D

after getting the freedom air and taking a 300 mile ride, I sold my airhawk to my harley friend who was to cheap to opt for the best,

after getting the freedom air and taking a 300 mile ride, I sold my airhawk to my harley friend who was to cheap to opt for the best,

Welcome to the site bro!

Yeah I looked at the construction of Freedom Air and new by looking that it was a clear winner over the AirHawk unless I'm missing something. The Freedom Air is cut to go around the tank in which I like also.

The two valve system (one for each side) is pretty neat as well.

Your friend with the hardley is just doing the best can. lol

I love my airhawk seat.Not just for the smooth ride,it also keeps you cooler by having a thin layer of air between you and the seat foam.
Your butt still does go numb,but it takes twice as long and you can prevent it a lot by airing down the cushion as you ride.
The changing shape of the airhawk as you deflate it is almost as good as getting off the bike.
If you have 2 bikes you can transfer it from one to the other.

I see some of the others on this thread mention a Freedom Air cushion,Im going to check them out next.

WalMat ATV comfort seat: $18

Hate to say it, but I bought one of the comfort seat pads sold at WalMart for ATVs. Either the Coleman or Stearns brand (same thing).

Only $17.55. Have it delivered for .97 cents. No kidding. They're raving about 'em on ADVRider.

Hey, it may not be an Airhawk, but...

Another addition that has been a significant improvement, except when riding two up is: New Page 1 Made ritecheer in Alabama. Picked mine up at the manufacturer near Franklin. It will certainly improve your vertical stance and in turn improve weight distribution.

I must add my experience with a gel pad: It was like a heat sink, on our ride to RAAIII in Nashville. Although it wasnt a particularly hot day, the gel pad absorbed the rising engine heat and boiled my peanuts in short order. Its great in winter :D

Hate to say it, but I bought one of the comfort seat pads sold at WalMart for ATVs. Either the Coleman or Stearns brand (same thing).

Only $17.55. Have it delivered for .97 cents. No kidding. They're raving about 'em on ADVRider.

Hey, it may not be an Airhawk, but...
That is the same waffle unit I spoke of using earlier. $18 plus the guvnahs tax.

Back