Airhawk seat cushion vs Day-Long saddle

Gkiller

Supercharged
After completing a recent 800 mile jaunt on my Rocket III Classic with dual Gel seat, I made a determination that the Triumph seat would not be sufficient for any ride longer than cruising around town. I was going to order a Russell Day-Long saddle soon, but then a friend reminded me about the Airhawk seat cushion that many riders swear by (including my friend). The cost is much more attractive...$100 vs $800 for the Day-Long, but was wondering if anyone here has an Airhawk or has feedback on their experience with the cushion?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have an Airhawk that I bought on this site in the classified section and I would ask you to wait until I took the Airhawk off if you were stealing my bike at gun point :). Very adjustable, quite comfortable, and CHEAPER. Day long seats remind me of a MaxiPad for some reason, must be those wings.:eek:

Maxipads :roll: Thats what I thought too but never had the nerve to say it. :eek:

One of my favorite persons growing up was George Wallace (the politician) as I was born in Montgomery, Alabama. You will spend a lot less time explaining yourself if you just speak your mind truthfully and stand by your words. For the one person you offend, 1000 will appreciate your honesty.

That Freedom Air Cushion looks great. Thanks for the info, reckon I'll have to save up and get one of those as well.

BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats This ceramic bead unit is my progress thus far in my quest to make the OEM seat comfortable. Ive used the waffle sort, the get pad, and now the beads. I might should have gone with the wood beads though. The ceramics get as hot as the naugga-vinyl after sitting in the hot sun for hours. But once cooled off, after the heat has transferred to your arse, the ceramics do make for a better ride than the gel or waffle pads. Butt, theres no denying that the OEM saddle has a bad center line weight disposition. The only way to evenly distribute weight on a poorly designed saddle is to chuck it and start over. Im destined to have a Day-Long saddle when my ship comes in.

Roho Airhawk

I have not had any experience with the Russell, but they look well constructed. In my search for a softer butt pad, the ROHO company impressed me with their technology and their supply to the medical and aviation fields. I have had an Airhawk (original model) for a few years now and so far my record is 760 miles in a single day. The Airhawk enabled me to get off the bike after that long ride and still feel reasonably good. It was much better (less fatigue) than just the standard touring seat. Another bonus in hot weather, the Airhawk runs cooler and you won't develop as much sweat as without. One drawback of the Airhawk is the elevated ride height and how it may affect the windscreen protection (rain, etc.) and on twisty roads the preference is have a lower riding position. In summary, if your planniing on riding longer distances (100+ miles), they save your ASS... and are well worth the money. Airhawk have released a version 2 (different construction) as a more economical alternative that delivers similar results. Hope this helps.

One more to add to the mix is from Alaska Leather - the Buttpad. It is sheepskin/wool - it allows for air to flow between you and the seat making for a more comfortable less "wet :( diaper" feel. We rode with them today for about 100 miles and the result of that short ride was very positive - more comfortable and less sticky. Prices are very reasonable and the customer service is great.

I have a memory foam with gel from Canada, I also have a sheepskin with gel that I picked up in Myrtle Beach but neither one seem to be doing better half much good we are still making 50 and 70 mile stops she has a bad hip just wondering if the AirHawk could improve the situation.

Back