Airbox re-assembly method ? 05 rocket

tubehead

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph T300 cafe racer
+I had to replace the o rings in the oil tank pipes which men't removing the airbox plumbing and throttle bodies.
All was pretty straight forward until I tried to refit the outer air box to the under tank air box plumbing.
Are there any tricks to getting these 2 parts to mate up?
Absolutely lost my cool after an hour trying different ways.
One of the worst designs I have come across and I have worked on 100s of bikes.
Got no help off face book other than smart arses telling me how easy it is to do but offering no insight .
Any suggestions or tricks appreciated.

tried for two days! In the end first fitted the trottle body part, was hard enough already with the rubber fittings not really fitting well and staying on the throttle body :( . After that placed the plenum(?) under the tank at the correct angle and pushed down on it such that the metal bracket it lays on is also pushed down, that finally allowed me to gently push the two together.

Hope this helps

tried for two days! In the end first fitted the trottle body part, was hard enough already with the rubber fittings not really fitting well and staying on the throttle body :( . After that placed the plenum(?) under the tank at the correct angle and pushed down on it such that the metal bracket it lays on is also pushed down, that finally allowed me to gently push the two together.

Hope this helps
thanks will give this a go .... worst airbox design ever and I have worked on some pretty bad ones .

I tossed the restrictive plumbing and went with three K&N's. Better engine breathing and you get a free box for goodies under the seat. The only advantage to the airbox is you don't hear the valves chirping like crickets.

Why would you ever put that jumble of crap back in? Replace with either a Ramair or K&N filers and toss or keep the plastic for posterity.

Back