Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
Anyone got experience about what AFR is likely to be preferable on an R3T with TORS and a RAMAIR

I’m thinking around 13.5?

I’m obviously interested in power but first importance is what’s best for engine, second power, 3rd would be fuel economy but that’s not a major consideration

You've kind of asked a question as might a three year old asking where did my baby brother come from ?

Or is gold a good investment ?

I realize Australia is a great big land mass, and some desirable places might be far away, but I would suggest you need to ask a different question.

That question might be, "Working only with the ECU map, and my installed components including TORS and RAMAir, how to obtain the best performance ?"

And that has a much more straightforward answer.

First, and best, is to take your bike to someone who understands performance tuning, and have them work their magic on your bike.

A distant second option, is to look on this site under the "Resources" subheading, and find a map that closely matches TORS and RAMAir, and then you must be willing to have a working version and knowledge of TuneECU with the requisite interface cable from LonElec.

With this second option, you're likely to see substantial power boost with a substantial increase in relative fuel consumption -- an allowance made by the map authors to err on the side of rich to avoid a damaging lean condition.

I'm no expert myself - just what I have gleaned from being here five years and benefitting from the shared knowledge of many -- all of which is searchable on this site.

FYI, my AFR runs about 13.5, a few ups and downs. '13 R3T TORS, Ramair and tuned on a dyno. It *may* be a start for you until you can get your bike tuned because we know even though they are all the same they are also all different. ;)

bob

You've kind of asked a question as might a three year old asking where did my baby brother come from ?

Or is gold a good investment ?

I realize Australia is a great big land mass, and some desirable places might be far away, but I would suggest you need to ask a different question.

That question might be, "Working only with the ECU map, and my installed components including TORS and RAMAir, how to obtain the best performance ?"

And that has a much more straightforward answer.

First, and best, is to take your bike to someone who understands performance tuning, and have them work their magic on your bike.

A distant second option, is to look on this site under the "Resources" subheading, and find a map that closely matches TORS and RAMAir, and then you must be willing to have a working version and knowledge of TuneECU with the requisite interface cable from LonElec.

With this second option, you're likely to see substantial power boost with a substantial increase in relative fuel consumption -- an allowance made by the map authors to err on the side of rich to avoid a damaging lean condition.

I'm no expert myself - just what I have gleaned from being here five years and benefitting from the shared knowledge of many -- all of which is searchable on this site.

Have a tune on Tuneecu.... I’m now looking to trim it with the autotune.... just looking to see what others running a power commander may have set their AFR to....

FYI, my AFR runs about 13.5, a few ups and downs. '13 R3T TORS, Ramair and tuned on a dyno. It *may* be a start for you until you can get your bike tuned because we know even though they are all the same they are also all different. ;)

bob

thanks!

IT is really a matter of load vs throttle % best that you research it yourself - 14:1 is quite ok in the low load range for economy but you will need to be much richer for safe performance closer to WOT heavy load into the 12.8:1 range or lower in some cases - it's not a black art but it is necessary to know what you are doing.

There are other things that need to be done to make the engine smoother and easier to ride ie: less snatchy, like reducing ignition advance in lower RPM / TPS% ranges to provide smoother on / off throttle transition, most tuners ignore this and to get it just right does require some trial and error.

Last edited:
The tune on my 2015 Victory Cross country was done on a dyno. 14.3:1 at the lower RPM throttle positions, as the RPM and load increased so does the air/fuel. By the time he got to heavy load 80-100% throttle position and high RPM he was tuning 13.5:1. Then, he started adjusting the timing. 3.5 hours later he was done.

Back