Afraid I fried computer

Izzo

.020 Over
Ride
08 Rocket (Phoebe)
The rocket hasn't been starting in the cold weather, and I 've been jumping it off cars. It needed a jump on Sunday, and I had a brain freeze and allowed it to be jumped off a running car. The charge melted the lead hookups on the battery. I put a new battery on it, but I think I screwed up the computer- the tach reads 2000 rpm high now, and the speedometer doesn't work at all. The dealer thinks I may have done serious damage, and doesn't want to take it on this time of year. What do you think, am I screwed?

Update, he says probably will need new wiring harness and ECU. Fifteen hundred hundred right there

Agreed that the car jump shouldn't screw you if hooked up properly.

Ian's effort should clear some facts.

Thanks, that's re-assuring. The correct leads were attached to the bike but the cars owner hooked up his side, so a cross up may have happened. I don't know anything about loading tunes, etc but sounds like a second opinion is in order before throwing down a huge amount of cash. Where are the fuses located and how do I check them? I have a new battery, same cables and wiring. It runs ok, just the gauges are screwed up.

Just a quick follow up- I disconnected the battery cables and touched the neg. and pos.- the gauges work ok now. Thanks idk!

You're not a Found On Road Dead fan are you?
Or Fix Or Repair Daily...
or Fricken Old Rebuilt Dodge...

Back