Advice needed, exhaust strategy

O.K. Since you Guys have coerced me into this ....

As Barbagris has said you won't get over 150 RWHP whilst retaining the Stock header, but as you know, there's heaps there anyway, a slip on muffler, or two .... will enhance what you already have and run real well.
The first thing that I did when I first got my 06 Rocket was drop the CAT and three mufflers off and built a twin muffler system to slide onto the stock header.
This sounded real nice, and ran strong.

100_1088.JPG

100_1097A.jpg

I now build this system with different mufflers. This will fit all model Rockets, I also have a version to suit the Touring.

A1.jpg

IMG_1500.JPG

I also build a Single slip muffler, as with the above twin muffler system, it is supplied with clamps, heat shield/covers and mounting brackets, all that is required to ....slip it on.

AA.jpg

As Barbagris has said you won't get over 150 RWHP whilst retaining the Stock header, but as you know, there's heaps there anyway, a slip on muffler, or two .... will enhance what you already have and run real well.
The first thing that I did when I first got my 06 Rocket was drop the CAT and three mufflers off and built a twin muffler system to slide onto the stock header.

100_1088.JPG

100_1097A.jpg

I now build this system with different mufflers. This will fit all model Rockets, I also have a version to suit the Touring.

A1.jpg

IMG_1500.JPG

I also build a Single slip muffler, as with the above twin muffler system, it is supplied with clamps, heat shield/covers and mounting brackets, all that is required to ....slip it on.

AA.jpg
WOW!! That blue bike is an exceptionally beautiful colour and with those pipes fitted, what a dream machine :inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove

Real nice work my friend...what also impresses me is that you have options to suit different budgets and desires....
I havn't read or heard a bad word about your work or your service and in todays competitive world that is standup.
I have no financial interest in your business just so potential purchasers know, but i really appreciate quality....big ups from me..!!

R3R Stainless exhaust, big bore, cat free, high flow including a stainless crossover pipe that joins to stock headers.

These will work with stock headers as I originally purchased my used Roadster, I later used them with CES headers too and they are setup to align with stock headers so any aftermarket header to suit stock located pipes will work too.
Surprisingly light being stainless and pack up to small box so will hopefully ship to USA for around Au$120 US$85 + Au$600 (US$432) = Au$720 (US$ 517) - I'll do it for a flat US$500 and soak up the currency exchange fees too!

For Sale - R3R Stainless exhaust, big bore, cat free, high flow. X pipes back

Thanks very much for the offer Ishrub, I'm looking through all the options and trying to figure out the look I'm hunting for as well as the added power :)

100_1088.JPG

100_1097A.jpg

A1.jpg

IMG_1500.JPG

AA.jpg

Really nice looking work Paul, thank you for sharing. I may shoot you a PM with some commercial details... :)

So, I bought my Rocket III this spring on an impulse after riding HD's for almost 30 years and have put about 6,500 miles on the beast. I have to say I love the thing: it's simple and straightforward with few pretensions other than "see torque city." As with some other members of this forum, I'm afraid I've now fallen prey to- "the only thing better than massive torque would be even more torque :)" Having read many of the threads along these lines, its obvious that the membership here has forgotten far more than I'm ever going to know on this topic.

I've already ordered a few bits and pieces with more on the way: RamAir and PCV with AT in addition to some other odds and ends but the question in front of me is the exhaust. Sure, I'd love to do the headers as well as the silencers but I like the look of the OEM headers (both the geometry and the chrome) and almost all the performance headers I've seen involve very different looking geometry without heat shields and, in some cases, the potential of burning yourself as you stretch for your freeway pegs. As much as I'd like the extra HP, I do some long rides and I'll further confess to a fascination for chrome, likely due to my life as an HD rider. I'd really like a 3 into 1 system that looked good but maybe just some slip-on's is all I need to get up to 175+ HP with the kit I've already assembled. At any rate, any thoughts on a polished stainless or chrome exhaust that will contribute to HP without putting me in the burn ward would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any thoughts any ideas.
yo- I felt the same about symmetrical look- I opted with Paul B. Viking exhaust slip on. dumped cat and about 40 lbs. I actually like look better- not so cluttered-. with the RAM air, nice tone extra boost. I rode it 900 mile a week or so back not loud enough to ruin long rides. talk with Paulie
viking exhaust.JPG
viking exhaust.JPG

I'm not a big fan of the viking exhaust system.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Way to clean looking. It also screws the bike up by adding to much torque and power at the low and mid range. Takes all the fun out of hard take offs when challenge by the high powered two cylinder bikes. Other than that their OK.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

I appreciate all the feedback and did fit the RamAir today just for giggles, not expecting much absent other changes- a bit of induction noise but no biggie compared to the wind when I did a brief trial. Having removed and installed the bear claw, I have to say that I found the mount(s) a bit temperamental, probably not my favorite bit of engineering on the bike.

Have decided to go all in on the exhaust and not mess about with just slip-on's, too much fun available with upgraded headers :)

I appreciate all the feedback and did fit the RamAir today just for giggles, not expecting much absent other changes- a bit of induction noise but no biggie compared to the wind when I did a brief trial. Having removed and installed the bear claw, I have to say that I found the mount(s) a bit temperamental, probably not my favorite bit of engineering on the bike.

Have decided to go all in on the exhaust and not mess about with just slip-on's, too much fun available with upgraded headers :)

You will find that with a Map to suit the free'er flowing RamAir, you will get an improvement.

Well done! :thumbsup:
Headers are indeed your BEST choice! :D
Now go get yourself a proper dyno-tune . . .

Back