Advice needed, exhaust strategy

Cav Man

.060 Over
Ride
2017 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
So, I bought my Rocket III this spring on an impulse after riding HD's for almost 30 years and have put about 6,500 miles on the beast. I have to say I love the thing: it's simple and straightforward with few pretensions other than "see torque city." As with some other members of this forum, I'm afraid I've now fallen prey to- "the only thing better than massive torque would be even more torque :)" Having read many of the threads along these lines, its obvious that the membership here has forgotten far more than I'm ever going to know on this topic.

I've already ordered a few bits and pieces with more on the way: RamAir and PCV with AT in addition to some other odds and ends but the question in front of me is the exhaust. Sure, I'd love to do the headers as well as the silencers but I like the look of the OEM headers (both the geometry and the chrome) and almost all the performance headers I've seen involve very different looking geometry without heat shields and, in some cases, the potential of burning yourself as you stretch for your freeway pegs. As much as I'd like the extra HP, I do some long rides and I'll further confess to a fascination for chrome, likely due to my life as an HD rider. I'd really like a 3 into 1 system that looked good but maybe just some slip-on's is all I need to get up to 175+ HP with the kit I've already assembled. At any rate, any thoughts on a polished stainless or chrome exhaust that will contribute to HP without putting me in the burn ward would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any thoughts any ideas.

Well the first thing to tell us is what year and model of Rocket do you have?
Triumph built every model of the Rocket from the ground up around the engine so each exhaust configuration is different.

We like pictures too.

@Paul Bryant can be a great help in this area

R3R Stainless exhaust, big bore, cat free, high flow including a stainless crossover pipe that joins to stock headers.

These will work with stock headers as I originally purchased my used Roadster, I later used them with CES headers too and they are setup to align with stock headers so any aftermarket header to suit stock located pipes will work too.
Surprisingly light being stainless and pack up to small box so will hopefully ship to USA for around Au$120 US$85 + Au$600 (US$432) = Au$720 (US$ 517) - I'll do it for a flat US$500 and soak up the currency exchange fees too!

For Sale - R3R Stainless exhaust, big bore, cat free, high flow. X pipes back

I'd really like a 3 into 1 system that looked good but maybe just some slip-on's is all I need to get up to 175+ HP with the kit I've already assembled.
Honestly - The headers are a MAJOR bottleneck. I have tried my open THUGS on the stock header - stifled much above 4000rpm. On Jardine headers - a different beast.

Also I would like to gently suggest that you are aiming for way too much without proper intervention. A filter plus PCV and open tail pipes is VERY unlikely to get you much above 150rwhp. If that. We talk here of rwhp not the decibel to bhp conversion so oft favoured by the home tuner.

Same here I liked the headers they just scream Tiumph triple nothing like them........ so I done away with the rest and had the old skool look turnout muffler added on to an extension.

Same here I liked the headers they just scream Tiumph triple nothing like them........ so I done away with the rest and had the old skool look turnout muffler added on to an extension.
I like that look too...one on each side would be really cool!

Apologies, its a 2017 Roadster, currently stock but getting ready to evolve a bit in a higher HP direction :)

Back