James Burns

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster
I purchased my 2010 Roadster with K&N Filter, TORS and the TORS Tune loaded a couple of years back.

Just recently had Ramair fitted and the 12 minute self tune done.

Really happy with the results of the Ramair but I've also ordered a cat-delete/crossover pipe for a little more volume and hopefully better air flow through the whole thing.

I'm planning to fit the crossover pipe myself assuming it's something someone with my limited mechanical skills can achieve (trust me, I'm pretty much Mechanically Retarded)

My question to you all is, once fitted will the bike require a tune to be loaded? I'm assuming more than the 12 minute tune would be required?

If this is the case I plan to ride to my mechanic (an hour away) to get the tune sorted. Would riding without the tune cause any issues?

Appreciate any help.

Just do the 12 min tune once you have fitted the cat delete....it just makes the air flow better...You wont get any more air..the sound will be gruntier tho!
Just TORS Tune, which James said above, will not create the right fuel-air mixture for Ramair...and for K&N...

The 12 minute tune will NOT do it, and it wasn't designed to do it. It will take about 2 minutes for you to install the correct tune with TuneECU, reset the adaptives, then you will be good to go.

If you don't have TuneECU then get it. It will be the best investment for your RIII that you will ever make.

The 12 minute tune will NOT do it, and it wasn't designed to do it. It will take about 2 minutes for you to install the correct tune with TuneECU, reset the adaptives, then you will be good to go.

If you don't have TuneECU then get it. It will be the best investment for your RIII that you will ever make.

That's the truth!!! Besides tuning it's all the maintenance things like syncing throttle bodies, TPS setting and so on.

Just to be clear, when the TORs were fitted the cats were already removed - there is one in each stock can on the Roadster. Only up to 2009 with the 3 pipe system was the cat under the bike.The crossover pipe on a Roadster is just that, with some baffling to aid gas mixing. Not saying a remap mightn’t help, but probably not necessary.

Just to be clear, when the TORs were fitted the cats were already removed - there is one in each stock can on the Roadster. Only up to 2009 with the 3 pipe system was the cat under the bike.The crossover pipe on a Roadster is just that, with some baffling to aid gas mixing. Not saying a remap mightn’t help, but probably not necessary.
I'm mainly going by the info in the screenshots I've attached. Was confused for a moment.
Screenshot_20190919-115032_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190919-120018_Google.jpg

Back