Add me to the drop club!

I wouldn't pay for a bike that the dealer took a chance on letting me test ride in hope of a sale; the sign in the shop should read you drop it, our insurance will pay for it; unless you make some other agreement, if I had to go through all those changes but was seriously looking to buy, they would loose my business.
I wouldn't pay for a bike that the dealer took a chance on letting me test ride in hope of a sale; the sign in the shop should read you drop it, our insurance will pay for it; unless you make some other agreement, if I had to go through all those changes but was seriously looking to buy, they would loose my business.
I hear you. My wife wasn't happy with the way I was treated either. But, everything worked out in the end. I had only the necessary bits replaced for their cost on parts with no labor charged and I got a great bike. The dealer located a set of TOR's in Canada and had them shipped to the store. Now I'm waiting on my Russell Day Long saddle...

Well I joined the drop club today. Had to happen sooner or later I guess. Been almost a year since I bought it. Backed it out of the garage today and parked it in the driveway. Strapped my lunchbag on the passenger seat, helmet on, started it up. I'm a little on the short side, so I always put my left foot on the peg, step up and swing my right leg over to clear backrest (kind of like mounting a horse). The rocket is big and heavy enough always feels stable, but today I guess the kickstand wasn't quite locked in. Soon as I stepped on the peg, it rolled forward couple inches and fell over. Engine bars saved from having any real damage and it stood right back up pretty easy. Lesson learned (until the next time).

Man that has to suck. Feel for you. I pull in at the wee hours of the morning and always give the kickstand a good kick even after i think it is down. But one of theses days :(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well, was pulling away from a stop sign this morning and stalled out while turning. Caught it and strained her down to a gentle laydown till the last bit when my leg got stuck under it and pulled me off. Did a quick roll over and got up to right the beast. Surprisingly, I just lifted her right up! (must of had a little adrenaline pumping cause it came up with little effort). Got to work and surveyed the damage, not much actually...little bit of road rash on the mirror, brake lever( slight bend now also), bar end weight, radiator shroud, and passenger foot peg (it was down thankfully cause i think that saved the pipe). Not too mad, cause I was thinking about changing the mirrors and levers anyway so now I have a good excuse!

@chandelierman , where are those 50mm bars?
Feather the clutch ... Clutch is your friend ! :-D

Hey...It happens. The dreaded stall! I've never upset it while it was moving. It seems for me it has been lack of focus or putting my foot down in a low spot taking me by surprise. Once you reach that tipping point, it's gone. Unfortunately, I can't pick it up with any technique. It does, however, lay down nicely on the bars.
Side stand down... turn bars full left lock... Face away .. bend legs... lower back into tank/seat area... lift / push with leg muscles (largest in body)... raise slowly up. Do not tip over other way. Carefully turn forwards, grasp bars. Recovery complete :-D

Good HD youtube video clip on this. Tiny woman lifting Ultraglide thingo up, repeatedly :)

Back