Add me to the drop club!

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
Well, was pulling away from a stop sign this morning and stalled out while turning. Caught it and strained her down to a gentle laydown till the last bit when my leg got stuck under it and pulled me off. Did a quick roll over and got up to right the beast. Surprisingly, I just lifted her right up! (must of had a little adrenaline pumping cause it came up with little effort). Got to work and surveyed the damage, not much actually...little bit of road rash on the mirror, brake lever( slight bend now also), bar end weight, radiator shroud, and passenger foot peg (it was down thankfully cause i think that saved the pipe). Not too mad, cause I was thinking about changing the mirrors and levers anyway so now I have a good excuse!

@chandelierman , where are those 50mm bars?

I'm hoping @chandelierman gets his 50mm engine/crash bars done soon. I've been holding off buying any cause I know as soon as I do, he'll have his available and I REALLY like the look of the bigger ones. Oh, scuffed up the edge of the windshield also, not too bad though.

Hey...It happens. The dreaded stall! I've never upset it while it was moving. It seems for me it has been lack of focus or putting my foot down in a low spot taking me by surprise. Once you reach that tipping point, it's gone. Unfortunately, I can't pick it up with any technique. It does, however, lay down nicely on the bars.

Riding a wee bit close or were your wheels turned when you had to stop?

Busy intersection - we were stopped in line preparing to make a right turn.
Saw him looking and then pull away. I looked left and then began to move forward while still watching traffic from my left. Did not see him stall & fall - ran into his rear & fell over on top of his bike.
Bent engine guard & broke radiator. Twas a very spendy repair for a little tip over.
From now on, I shall watch the motor in front of me a tad longer before assuming it has cleared my path.

My Intruder just fell on me off the stand while I was applying a new exhaust, not sure how as it was strapped...but maybe not so well. It is none the worse for wear and I am not too smashed up. And yes, stalling slow speed while midturn will almost certainly cause a fall over.

Back