Aces & Eights Ride (Eastern TN) July 20-21st

You hafta ride Devil's Triangle to get a patch ;)

Rode it on a Friday with not a soul in sight. Great, great ride. I love the way the engineers in TN made the "artistic" decision to remove all the guard rails and shoulders so that you can more clearly see the scenic drop offs immediately at the edge of the road. :sneaky:

Just back from meeting up with @rainman and @sweettennbabe and my ass is chapped (but not because of them ;-). I hit the Dragon at about 7 p.m Thursday with no one on the route, except the law. The next day at their suggestion I did the Devil's Triangle, and will definitely want to do that one again when I next return. The highlight of the trip though was hooking up with those guys for the Aces & Eights ride. It was so nice that I lost track of time and couldn't believe it when it was over- one sweet ride. I had a GoPro and forgot to even turn it on- dooh! Now I gotta go back!

Those guys are good people to take me under their wing and show me the area. Many of you out there already know that. Anyway, I wanted to thank them again for what turned out to be a perfect day.

Now, about this "rain man" curse. Although it didn't rain a drop on us the whole day riding, or even on my return trip home to Asheville that evening, it did rain while we were inside eating breakfast that morning. Well, there's that and then the tornado watch about 10:00 the night before when I was tent camping, along with heavy rain and constant thunder and lightning the whole night. They even evacuated the campground for about an hour due to the threat of twisters in the area. So, depending on how you look at it (Rainman was an hour away), either the curse is broken, or the legend lives on.

Hope to see you guys again soon. Many Thanks!

jay2.jpg WendyJay1.jpg

Rode it on a Friday with not a soul in sight. Great, great ride. I love the way the engineers in TN made the "artistic" decision to remove all the guard rails and shoulders so that you can more clearly see the scenic drop offs immediately at the edge of the road. :sneaky:
Yeh gotta love the intimidation factor of some of those turns and naked drop offs.

Edit: The Aces & Eights Ride is the new plan for Sunday.

Weather and work dependent, I'm looking at a one or two day ride in eastern TN/western NC doing the Cherohala Skyway, The Dragon, and other related routes.

I'll probably camp at Hunts Lodge Motorcycle Campground.

This forum doesn't seem to be used anymore, so not sure if this will fall on deaf ears or, help jump start the forum. I'd be interested in meeting other riders in the region.

If you're interested in meeting up on this trip or others, let me know.....

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 8.26.50 AM.png
Let’s go

Let’s go

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for answering that call. Of course that specific trip was a while back, but there will be others in the very near future. I'd like to meet up with you for sure and compare rebuild stories. Let me know when you plan to ride this way, or in between. I hope to see you soon...

Thanks- Blake

Back