Aces & Eights Ride (Eastern TN) July 20-21st

Journeyman if u ride with me u can expect rain just ask the ones on here that have rode with me :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sunday would work for the Ace's and eight just let us know

Let's plan on it. Ideally, I'll leave Saturday and camp nearby. If I can't get away Saturday evening because of rain, I'd need to leave bright and early Sunday morning. It's probably 4+ hours for me. What's the latest start you guys see as reasonable for the Aces & Eights ride?

Is it just us three? Anyone else out there planning on joining us?

What a great area to ride. A few Rocket owners near my home are taking the wife's to Pigion Forge in August. This will be our Fouth trip to that area. We always ride parts of the Skyway and ride the mountain roads. I haven't seen a straight stretch of a highway anywhere near the Dragon. Wish our group could meet up with this group. Just a month later... Enjoy it and be safe.

I've updated the header for this post with the correct dates and the Aces & Eights ride. There's not a lot of info on this ride online (a good thing). I'm really looking forward to joining up with you guys and checking out this route. Need to replace my front tire this week and I should be all set.

AcesEights.jpg

I've updated the header for this post with the correct dates and the Aces & Eights ride. There's not a lot of info on this ride online (a good thing). I'm really looking forward to joining up with you guys and checking out this route. Need to replace my front tire this week and I should be all set.

AcesEights.jpg

You will really enjoy riding these roads with Rainman, sweetennbabe & their friends. Ya it will rain, ya you will be glad it did :)

AcesEights.jpg

Edit: The Aces & Eights Ride is the new plan for Sunday.

Weather and work dependent, I'm looking at a one or two day ride in eastern TN/western NC doing the Cherohala Skyway, The Dragon, and other related routes.

I'll probably camp at Hunts Lodge Motorcycle Campground.

This forum doesn't seem to be used anymore, so not sure if this will fall on deaf ears or, help jump start the forum. I'd be interested in meeting other riders in the region.

If you're interested in meeting up on this trip or others, let me know.....

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 8.26.50 AM.png
I just got back from there. Had an excellent adventure!

Looks like a nice ride. I am a little leery of the name of it though. Aces and Eights also have a name in poker! :eek:

bob

Back