Accessories for the new R3 ?

A poll to see how many actually ever hit the horn button at all I think would be cool. Being a truck drive for 32 yrs the always leave a way out is constant no matter what I’m in control of ( if I failed to leave a way out and put myself in a bad spot which I do from time to time I do the donkey kick to arse) and on the rocket the throttle and the brakes and my eyes are really the tools I use to avoid or get out of a bad spot. I don’t think I ever really hit the horn button unless it’s a funny for a laugh or parking lot to try to get someone’s attention. Never to get out of trouble or from being slammed. This is just my opinion and what I do, I love train horns they are way cool and would install one for cool/fun factor.

A poll to see how many actually ever hit the horn button at all I think would be cool. Being a truck drive for 32 yrs the always leave a way out is constant no matter what I’m in control of ( if I failed to leave a way out and put myself in a bad spot which I do from time to time I do the donkey kick to arse) and on the rocket the throttle and the brakes and my eyes are really the tools I use to avoid or get out of a bad spot. I don’t think I ever really hit the horn button unless it’s a funny for a laugh or parking lot to try to get someone’s attention. Never to get out of trouble or from being slammed. This is just my opinion and what I do, I love train horns they are way cool and would install one for cool/fun factor.
I have to be honest, I've used mine in the driveway before to try to get the attention of someone in the house. Of course I was ignored, but not because they didn't hear the horn ;)

I have to be honest, I've used mine in the driveway before to try to get the attention of someone in the house. Of course I was ignored, but not because they didn't hear the horn ;)
:roll::roll::roll:

It's usually the big rigs that I have to blow at. Them drivers think they own the road and will try to intimidate you with their trucks. But when you try to get them to pull over and talk about it they never want to.

It's usually the big rigs that I have to blow at. Them drivers think they own the road and will try to intimidate you with their trucks. But when you try to get them to pull over and talk about it they never want to.
The chance of anyone pulling over to talk to you about something you are obviously tiffed about ain’t happening!

I rarely have ever laid on it as an emergency procedure. A few more times than that to let cagers know how happy I am with their driving abilities. I generally use mine, as a quick tap of the button, more to "alert" people who don't use their mirrors and start to drift/change lanes right in front of me/ on me. I have rush hours traffic that I have to deal with and the distracted people going home don't always look where they are going. Even at a quick tap, that Stebel brings them out of their Zombie state and the slight rush of adrenaline makes them a bit more alert, at least until I don't have to deal with them anymore.

Agreed - for me, if you’ve got time to hit the horn, it probably wasn’t that big an emergency. If you’re just using it as a noise to tell other people you’re pissed with them, that’s just not worth it. They won’t get it in any case.

:cool:New accessories just in from Australia, you got to have them :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 100
Agreed - for me, if you’ve got time to hit the horn, it probably wasn’t that big an emergency. If you’re just using it as a noise to tell other people you’re pissed with them, that’s just not worth it. They won’t get it in any case.

My use of a loud horn is for an effective prevention as explained before :

Since I ride on small and curvy roads and lead most of my rides, I have the experience that thanks to the loud horn of my ex-Indian RM, cars not visible yet coming from forward in a curve, moved completely to the roadside when they heard my Roadmaster horn before seeing me. I'm pretty sure the guy thought a car was coming. And given his speed and the narrow curve, I don't want to think what could have occurred without such a horn...

Back