ABS Warning light comes on.

Mittzy

The Hooligan - Just Doing Stuff
Ride
2020 TFC #385, 2014 R3 Roadster 230hp (BRUTUS)
G'Day All.
on my 2010 Roadster over the last 2 decent rides the ABS warning light will suddenly turn on then will reset upon next start up and be okay for an hour or so then its on again while freeway riding.
I am running the Avon Cobra up Front and Exedra Max on rear (Been that way for a while).
I have recently changed my rear tyre and front will be due 500-1000 klms.
Any ideas? or known issues that i have missed.
Cheers

Look at the ABS sensor rings on the wheels and make sure they aren't wrapped. I take mine off when I take the wheel in to have a new tire mounted so they will not get bent. The tire installer will not take the rings off most of the time. Talking to a fellow at a bike gathering he stated his got bent and the ABS light came on. Never happened to me so not sure if this even applies.

I change out the brake fluid every two years so I know there is fresh fluid and no air in the lines. I use DealerTool to activate the solenoids in the ABS module in order to get fresh fluid in there. This would probably not make the ABS light come on however.

Last edited:
Well what do ya know?????
Got the rocket on lift and spun the back wheel to find the ABS ring not running true. It's straight now so we will see on next ride.

Straightened it out with a screw driver :confused: and there was a small stone holding the ring out a bit too

Back