A Walk On The Wild Side

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
.....well, it was for me. Got my '06 Rocket(with 23K, now 25K), back in March '18 and was immediately interested in the idea of doing brain surgery via Tune ECU. So, got the LoneLec OBD II and began studying the posts about this whole new world....for me anyway. Then I got scared off with the warnings from Tune ECU about how I could, ".... destroy the engine....", etc. Well, today, months later and after some fortification from Jack Daniels I plugged in everything via my old Samsung Tab 4 and flipped all the switches and bada bing bada boom......it connected! Then I poked around knowing there was a way to read the current map and save it. Good F.......g Grief! 'Reading Map' was easy but saving it was a real puzzler. After the 12 minute reading of my current #20215 map I clicked on "Save" and got the box saying, "20215map". Well, there is no 'save' button or 'upload' or 'download' or any clue how to proceed to save that file. So, I went through the read map routine again, hoping this time I'd get a clue how to save the file.....nope. :confused:

Then, I decided it was probably a blessing that I could not save the file.....after all, if it is this hard to figure out such a basic step then it is definitely not for me. :banghead: I looked at various other pages, sensors, graphics, etc. Before exiting I looked again at the Map Menu and the "save" listng...... out of frustration, thinking this would exit me from Tune ECU, I hit the bottom middle button of my Tab4 and.... Wham Bam Thank You Mam......I got what I expected to see much earlier......a list of files and the file I wanted to save and there was the freaking "SAVE" button, finally. Good grief. Maybe a few months down the road I might work up the nerve, with Jack's help, to delve into this realm again.

Hey, can someone point me to a manual for the Android version of Tune ECU?

Thanks!

PS One of the very stimulating moments was when I found the, "test fan" option. Yahoooo......turns the fan off and on several times......wow......that was almost as pleasurable as you know what! ;)

Great post!
We have all been to the same place at some point.
I'm still intimidated and after reading of peeps frying their ECUs, I get help whenever I need to use Tune ECU.
Bless Rob @Claviger !

By the way, a few minutes ago, I worked up the nerve to see if the, "Rocket In My Pocket" would still run after playing with its central nervous system......happy to report I DID NOT GIVE IT A LOBOTOMY! :thumbsup::D:)

PS: Based on your comments, and others, and my own observations....... Claviger will be the FIRST Dude I consult before attempting to change, modify, copy, paste or in any way mess with the tune map on my bike. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Tis a whole new science - one that I've just not had the time to properly learn. :(

And the colored girls go....

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo doo dooo

And the colored girls go....

Doo doo doo doo doo doo dooo

****, a RoadMaster, 'me so horny'. :D

When it comes to computer “stuff” I’m totally blind folded.
Somehow, I downloaded the Tuneecu app on my Samsung tab & actually have downloaded 3 different tunes with self adjustments for temps & Speedo.
I don’t know how I did it. I can’t tell anyone how to do it. I don’t know if I could do it again since that was a year ago o_O :confused: o_O :confused: o_O :confused:
But....... by gosh, I did it!!!! :cool:
And like you, liquid courage was my guide :whitstling:

Back