A Little Help Please with LED Signal Indicators

There's nothing 'wrong' with resistors per se - as you know, they will resolve the problem; the Relay is just a cleaner solution with no wiring/splicing required.
Relay type CF13GL02 is plug n play replacement and will drive LED signals without the 'fast flash' (and without requirement for the resistors)

As per previous comment, reminder Replacement Relay is only applicable for std/classic & Roadster models - Touring does not use a discrete relay, it is embedded as part of the Instruments, so for those Touring models, resistors are ONLY option.

On a Touring, the resistor approach is superior anyway, because the Touring has self-canceling functionality built in. The Roadsters or other non-Tourings have a dumb relay which is why it can be so easily replaced, but there's no self-cancelling functionality.

I put two 10 ohm resistors under my right-hand side cover when I put Custom Dynamics LED clusters in the indicators. Has worked great ever since. It was the easiest place to tap into the indicator wiring, right next to where the rear harness connects to the main one. It's a little ghetto but got the job done. (Thanks, @DEcosse for the guidance there btw.)

IMG_0110.JPG IMG_0112.JPG

On a Touring, the resistor approach is superior anyway, because the Touring has self-canceling functionality built in. The Roadsters or other non-Tourings have a dumb relay which is why it can be so easily replaced, but there's no self-cancelling functionality.

I put two 10 ohm resistors under my right-hand side cover when I put Custom Dynamics LED clusters in the indicators. Has worked great ever since. It was the easiest place to tap into the indicator wiring, right next to where the rear harness connects to the main one. It's a little ghetto but got the job done. (Thanks, @DEcosse for the guidance there btw.)

IMG_0110.JPG IMG_0112.JPG
Very similar to what I did on my 2014..i cable tied them to the frame right there where you got yours...:D

There's nothing 'wrong' with resistors per se - as you know, they will resolve the problem; the Relay is just a cleaner solution with no wiring/splicing required.
Relay type CF13GL02 is plug n play replacement and will drive LED signals without the 'fast flash' (and without requirement for the resistors)

As per previous comment, reminder Replacement Relay is only applicable for std/classic & Roadster models - Touring does not use a discrete relay, it is embedded as part of the Instruments, so for those Touring models, resistors are ONLY option.

Amigo,
Please refresh me regarding the proper location of where this relay goes?

Back