A gripping question

Fyi the gypsies bought her back and demanded compensation !
Now , about these grips ? :p :p :p :p
Too sassy for them? - Good.

Grips.

Before buying BIG FAT GRIPS - I suggest you slip a pair of GRIP-PUPPIES on the OEM ones.
I have tried ISO type grips and DO NOT LIKE THEM. Too fat.

Interestingly the local HD custom place says exactly that too. He reckons a lot of folk end up fitting Avons.

If you have access to a decent sized lathe then there are some interesting billet grips (billet throttle tube too) out there (Via Amazon - from China) - they are closed ends but this nothing for a man with a lathe.

I went with Avon grips. They do grips with cams to fit R3's. Are closed ends but the official Avon solution is cut them off. 'swot I did.

One of these days when the Tooth Fairy leaves some coin - I want to try the Avon Boss grips - or similar.
avon_boss_performance_grips_for_harley_fly_by_wire_chrome_and_rubber_zoom.jpg

HD cams only - but they will fit.

And I have some simple Chrome/rubber grips (machined out to allow end weights) you can have - If you can wait!.
See found a reason!.
Photo once we have daylight.

Avon do a 1" black/chrome set with removable end caps so you can fit bar ends andf about half Kurakyn I think. If you don't have heated grips the Oxford Hot grips for 1" cruiser also have a detachable end cap to fit bar ends. For some reason Poland located sellers on most country's eBay listings (i.e. UK, Australia and USA Ebays all have them) are cheapest source for these Oxford Hot grips and many ship International for free. I got mine for US$80 shipped.

Avon do a 1" black/chrome set with removable end caps so you can fit bar ends andf about half Kurakyn I think.
Whilst the Avon end caps can be changed - The Throttle Tube is CLOSED. The caps are held on by a single screw affixed from the inside. If you want open ended - you need a saw.

Ticket status: New
Department: General
Subject: Metric Cruiser Grips.

Hi Chris,

Sorry no we do not have an open end grips. All of our grips have a Phillips head screw down the center of the grip that holds the end cap onto the grips. You could unscrew the end cap off and cut off the end of our grips but then you wouldn't have an end cap at the end.

Regards,
Debbie

Sincerely,
Avon Grips

If you have access to a decent sized lathe then there are some interesting billet grips (billet throttle tube too) out there (Via Amazon - from China) - they are closed ends but this nothing for a man with a lathe.
I have a set of these sat waiting for some patient lathe work.
Look for "Alpha Rider Motorcycle Universal 1" 25mm Black CNC Aluminum None-Slip Gel Rubber Handlebar Grips Custom For Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider EFI FXDLI 2009" on Amazon UK.
512unG3Qz1L._SL1001_.jpg

I like the look of the ISO 6236 . Would they fit and do the end caps come off so I can use my bar ends ?

Back