5.75 Daymaker alternatives?

Hello all,

The stock headlights on my Roadster are certainly adequate. They are leagues ahead of what I had on bikes in my youth. However with new available technology I think I can do better.

I have been looking at all the threads regarding headlight upgrades.

I love the Daymakers BUT like most people I am less than in love with the though of $400 per headlight.

I saw this in Amazon.

Amazon.com: Funlove 5.75 Inch Black Led Headlights For Triumph Rocket iii 3 & Speed Triple & Street Triple & Thunderbird: Automotive

Can anyone who has picked up any alternative daymaker copies chime in on how well the worked (or did not)

Thanks,

Jamie[/QUOTE

The Daymaker lights are 5.75 round and the Rocket lights are 4 1\2 round do they still fit no problem? Is the mounting the same?
I was looking at different lights and I have not seen lights that mount at the side like the Rocket?
Also the drain hole, the bracket is usually at the back so when you turn them so that the bracket is at the side then the drain hole will be on the side?
I have not seen a light yet that has the mounting braket on the side and drain hole on bottom, like the Rocket.
How are these light?

I just got some of the chinease copies, and they look great! They went right in. I did leave the peanut bulb in and connected. Earlier in this post it was stated we need to leave it hooked up to keep from blowing fuses. Is that right? Here is a pick side by side.

Attachments

• IMG_4551.JPG
    IMG_4551.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4552.JPG
    IMG_4552.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4553.JPG
    IMG_4553.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 6
Yup i got the same, excellent . My friend got h-d 400$ in his 48 no difference whatsoever. I did disconnect little bulb fuses r fine. good luck bike looks niceH-D daymakers r made in china as well

Attachments

• 20170311_204152.jpg
    20170311_204152.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 2
I was a bit hesitant to shell out over $600.00 dollars on two daymakers but over a year of riding (24,000) and half of that done late at night the Daymakers were worth every penny and then some. The lights have saved my rear more than once or twice. Thought about buying the cheaper ones but due to the amount of time riding at night figured I would give them a try. A friend of mine bought the knock offs for his Harley and they do not have the same coverage as the daymakers. Then again it works for him because he really does not spend that much time riding at night plus he lives in Tulsa and city vice country riding are two different animals. He deals with traffic and I deal with the four legged animals that love to play tag.
WE have seen several Rockets that are running just the LED replacement bulbs that cost $20 each and they are very bright and impressive and the price is hard to beat

Back