5.75 Daymaker alternatives?

JamiePT

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket Roadster 2014
Hello all,

The stock headlights on my Roadster are certainly adequate. They are leagues ahead of what I had on bikes in my youth. However with new available technology I think I can do better.

I have been looking at all the threads regarding headlight upgrades.

I love the Daymakers BUT like most people I am less than in love with the though of $400 per headlight.

I saw this in Amazon.

Amazon.com: Funlove 5.75 Inch Black Led Headlights For Triumph Rocket iii 3 & Speed Triple & Street Triple & Thunderbird: Automotive

Can anyone who has picked up any alternative daymaker copies chime in on how well the worked (or did not)

Thanks,

Jamie

Those will work. Good price for a pair. I got the cheap chineze knock offs and they work. Thay call me Mr. Cheaps;). Tight space behind the bulb but they work. Delete and internal metal rim Use a zip tie to replace the outer retaining rim. Worth every $... cooler, less current use, less current through your switches at start up, less chance of a lost headlamp while ridding.

Those certainly look the same as the ones I bought, and have the same black box. They are near double the price of mine though.

@skydog1000 not sure if you have bought some yet, but the price has dropped a few dollars.I paid 68.88ea. They are now 54.88ea

Those certainly look the same as the ones I bought, and have the same black box. They are near double the price of mine though.

@skydog1000 not sure if you have bought some yet, but the price has dropped a few dollars.I paid 68.88ea. They are now 54.88ea

Sorry disregard my pricing info. The link in OP is for 2 pieces. Cheaper than 2 of the version I have.

I was a bit hesitant to shell out over $600.00 dollars on two daymakers but over a year of riding (24,000) and half of that done late at night the Daymakers were worth every penny and then some. The lights have saved my rear more than once or twice. Thought about buying the cheaper ones but due to the amount of time riding at night figured I would give them a try. A friend of mine bought the knock offs for his Harley and they do not have the same coverage as the daymakers. Then again it works for him because he really does not spend that much time riding at night plus he lives in Tulsa and city vice country riding are two different animals. He deals with traffic and I deal with the four legged animals that love to play tag.

I was a bit hesitant to shell out over $600.00 dollars on two daymakers but over a year of riding (24,000) and half of that done late at night the Daymakers were worth every penny and then some. The lights have saved my rear more than once or twice. Thought about buying the cheaper ones but due to the amount of time riding at night figured I would give them a try. A friend of mine bought the knock offs for his Harley and they do not have the same coverage as the daymakers. Then again it works for him because he really does not spend that much time riding at night plus he lives in Tulsa and city vice country riding are two different animals. He deals with traffic and I deal with the four legged animals that love to play tag.

$600 for a pair is a little bit more palatable. I may go the daymaker route after all. Where did you get them at that price? Thanks for all the info.

No I haven't bought any lights yet. I have been looking at this light just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thanks for the link

Hello all,

The stock headlights on my Roadster are certainly adequate. They are leagues ahead of what I had on bikes in my youth. However with new available technology I think I can do better.

I have been looking at all the threads regarding headlight upgrades.

I love the Daymakers BUT like most people I am less than in love with the though of $400 per headlight.

I saw this in Amazon.

Amazon.com: Funlove 5.75 Inch Black Led Headlights For Triumph Rocket iii 3 & Speed Triple & Street Triple & Thunderbird: Automotive

Can anyone who has picked up any alternative daymaker copies chime in on how well the worked (or did not)

Thanks,

Jamie

I installed them a few months back. They work great. Haven't done much riding ( Canadian winter and all) so I dont know about durabity.

just put a pair on my r3, advertised on amazon as "daymakers". obviously a chinese copy, but only paid £72. dot approved, sae approved, and E marked. really lights up the road, well impressed, hope it passes the mot

Back