5.75 Daymaker alternatives?

If that's the case & since I still pass my driver test sans glasses, I shall go with @sonny "WHO GIVES A $HIT!" :D

You tell me where the HD is?

IMG_0120.JPG

Hi I got Wisamic 5.75 around 100$ works perfect for me.

The stock headlights on my Roadster are certainly adequate.

I have been looking at all the threads regarding headlight upgrades.

I love the Daymakers BUT like most people I am less than in love with the though of $400 per headlight.

I saw this in Amazon.

Amazon.com: Funlove 5.75 Inch Black Led Headlights For Triumph Rocket iii 3 & Speed Triple & Street Triple & Thunderbird: Automotive

Can anyone who has picked up any alternative daymaker copies chime in on how well the worked (or did not)

Thanks,

Jamie[/QUOTE]
Hello all,

The stock headlights on my Roadster are certainly adequate. They are leagues ahead of what I had on bikes in my youth. However with new available technology I think I can do better.

I love the Daymakers BUT like most people I am less than in love with the though of $400 per headlight.

I saw this in Amazon.

Amazon.com: Funlove 5.75 Inch Black Led Headlights For Triumph Rocket iii 3 & Speed Triple & Street Triple & Thunderbird: Automotive

Can anyone who has picked up any alternative daymaker copies chime in on how well the worked (or did not)

Thanks,

Jamie

Attachments

• 20170212_125045.jpg
    20170212_125045.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 2
Hello all,

The stock headlights on my Roadster are certainly adequate. They are leagues ahead of what I had on bikes in my youth. However with new available technology I think I can do better.

I saw this in Amazon.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie,
I looked at all of the 'copies' but decided to go for the H-D Daymaker. List price was $400 ea, but got some discount. All depends what price you put on riding safe in low light conditions. They were worth the money and if any issues I go to a real person.....
Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_5543.jpg
    IMG_5543.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 4
The only difference between H-D daymakers and Wasamic ic 300$

I installed the "funlove" copies (Amazon $98 for the pair) last weekend. Two night rides later, one during a rain storm, and I am very happy. Are the Daymakers better? Probably, but these are just fine. Pros: the bike is more visible by a long shot. Low beam spread is better than stock. Cons: High beam doesn't have the reach of the stock halogens and there are some dark areas to the left and right (on high beam) that I don't like. Overall, I wanted to be more visible to other traffic and this was a success. It was a good investment, and I'll likely supplement the high beams with some spot aux lights.

Installation was easy, and I reused the springy internal rings from the stock lights. You don't have to, but the stock rings align the lights and make for a tighter fit. Stock screws were too short, which I addressed with some longer stainless screws.

Ted

Back