2500mile round trip

RADEMIS

Supercharged
For Labor day weekend I took a trip on the ole rocket, left home sat morning from fort white Fl, left at 5:00 am arrived in fort wayne Indiana 10:30pm 970 miles on the first days journey. Got to see my daughter and new grandaughter for the first time. then Sunday on to south bend IN to see my oldest son, and his family. Then to Plymouth IN for the annual Blueberry festival, then to Hamlet In to visit my brother and his family. The next day on to my old hometown where I grew up Knox In, attached is a picture of my rocket in the Knox city park by an old cannon. Then on to Indianapolis to see my youngest son and his new house. The next day on to Watervalley Mississippi to see my parents, lots of hills and winding roads on this trip, then back home last night. A total of 2495 miles in all. I kept track of my fuel milage on every tankfull, overall trip average was 39.36 mpg, best tankfull was 41.88 mpg and worst tankfull was 35.03 mpg. I have got to get an air conditioner and cruise control put on this thing, then it will be totally perfect. Rademis

Last edited:
picture in gallery

as you can see I still have not figured out how to make the picture come up with the post, anyway there is a real cool photo of the rocket with a huge cannon in the background. it's in my photo gallery.

well lets just say I will be buying a sheep skin cover for the seat. It wasn't the hardness of the seat that was so bad but the fact that there was no air movement. it felt like sitting on a plastic bag after a while.

Back Rest

If I remember correctly, you had fabricated the back rest for the R3. How did it work out? It looks as though it's a bit higher than any of the OEM models. Probably more comfortable to support under the shoulder blade than the lower part of the back.....Chiropractically speaking!

The backrest is working very good, yes it is much taller than anything I could find on the market. I have a really tall back and it's full of D.D.D. so this was fabricated to give me the support just where I needed it. Plus the backrest pad was handmade as well, to match the outline of my sissybar bag, it is all very comfortable. Rademis

Rademis

970 Miles in one day, you are the man. I did almost 700 in one sitting returning from Nashville. Thank God for Goody's Powders for back pain, Advil, and sheer ass will to get home.

Last edited:
Back