217ftlb & 210bhp, you have to love the numbers

Hello there, just seen this and I thought you guys might find it interesting, it's not my kind of bike and I would rather have my rocket any time but the numbers are impressive and they are hoping it will be more like 250bhp.

The price is a rather large number well

Hesketh unveil 2100cc supercharged behemoth

Cheers.
Impressive indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Kawasaki's H-2, also supercharged, does more with less. A supercharged 2.1 liter is loafing at 250 hp. A good development program ought to be able to take it well north of 500 hp.

Hesketh has been making small numbers of bikes for a long time now. There is at least one at Barber's museum, maybe more than one. Both of the supercharged Kawasakis have been on display in the entry.

FWIW, I like my ZX14R better. Better riding position. 200ish power before any additional work. Less than half the price of the street version imof the H-2.

It is worthy of note, that the Rocket designer John Mockett also styled the Hesketh V1000 which this new model seems to resemble.

Nice bike but for half the price you could have a Rocket with better-numbers than that

True, but .... for half the price someone else of lesser means could do the same. You don't buy a Hesketh for its price. My own comment about the H2 can be similarly criticized. The use of the name Kawasaki in the same breath as Hesketh would be cause for cold shivers and ostracization in the rarified air of the Hesketh Owners Club.

Edit: On second thought, I think you do buy the Hesketh for the price ... but not because it's low. You buy this sort of thing because you can, and because it is cool, and because the number of other folks who can buy one is very small.

Last edited:
Back