2022 BSA Gold Star 650 - Would You Buy One?

While not really interested in the bike:

Is this a "real" BSA or did somebody in China just buy the name?
Norton and BSA both are parts of two Indian conglomerates with lots of money to spend. Most of the design work will be done in England. Norton just opened a state of the art factory in England.

Mmmmnnn!

1647671204501.png

I'm just glad to see the BSA logo again. As a former owner of a 1969 650 BSA Firebird Scrambler, I'm excited to see the brand coming back. I hope it's successful. I'd love to see some other BSA models come forth like the Lightning and Spitfire. Maybe even the Victor. Would love to see how they would capture the looks of that iconic 650 twin. Triumph managed to do it with the introduction of the Bonneville back in the 2002 (I think). The sky's the limit. Maybe they could also develop a true BSA Rocket since the BSA line was the first to use that name on the 750 triple, way back when....
Yeah but when Triumph bought BSA they got the name Rocket, and I'm glad they did, did you hear in the vid where this one is made?
I think I like our Rockets being made in England better than a BSA made in India.
BSA's were cool an all back in the day and I like the fact this gold star didn't have all the fancy electronics,
But I'd still take my old Triumph over this any day, and a new RIII for sure.
Be a nice beginner bike tho

That generation of the Triumph Bonneville line was very appealing. Performance wasn't the best but reliability was pretty good. I really liked my 03 America. Drove this one across Canada solo. Always loved the retro look of the original triumph line that's why this BSA is so appealing. I did own a 650 BSA Firebird Scrambler before I really knew how to maintain them. I remember unknowingly overfilling the tranny then going for a long ride with my girlfriend. Apparently the bike had a chain oiler. It spewed so much oil on the chain that it left a line on the back of her jacket. She wasn't happy.
1666055895511.jpeg

Made in India
Separate gearbox
It looks like an imitation of the original antique that was big way back when I was just a kid.
NOT for me.
The 900 Kaw retro has been modernized, still made in Japan, was from my era, and would be my choice.

1645963565661.png

1645963620338.png

1645963722981.png

I think I'm in love. Really impressed with the overall look of the bike. Apparently it's been de-rated but that shouldn't stop potential buyers from exploiting the power that should be available from this thumper. Love the looks of that tank.

Would you buy one?
Good bike for when I turn 90 😅

Back