Great looking bike Dave and even better that you are going to ride the the beast. Some would buy such a bike just to store it...

Welcome, nice ride!

Here's the thread for the backrest Bertrand mentioned: http://www.r3owners.net/threads/2nd-run-quick-release-sissy-bar-roadster-classic-standard.20336/

It comes with the hardware setup to work with easy brackets to quick release your bags too. Here's how it looks -

From this:
View media item 10151

3 minutes and two allen wrenches later, to this:
View media item 10152

He offers them polished or unfinished so you can get it powder coated to match all the other black bits on the X. Note he's only selling the bracket, the sissy bar itself is the tall bar from Triumph with the luggage rack.

Very nice setup!!!! I think I will get the Quik release. If I understand right I will still need the sissy bar and luggage rack from Triumph? And this will work with the bracket?

Thanks Dave

Welcome from the Lone Star State. It's hard to describe the feeling you get when you ride an 800lb. bike that wants to pull your arms out of there sockets with every throttle blib. Torque, Torque, and more Amen Torque. Hallelujah! Enjoy your new ride.
Finally took delivery of my Rocket X # 123 of 500.. Picked her up around 4:00pm today. Rode home 54 miles, all I can say is WOW!! What a beast! I never would have thought a 800 lb. motorcycle could handle this good. This bike is very easy to ride and comfortable. The power is very intoxicating! I plan to ride about 300 miles tomorrow, its supposed to be 80 and sunny. If anyone is on the fence about this bike you really owe it to yourself to take a test ride, its that good!!

I need to figure out which backrest to get for my wife. It would be nice if Triumph made a detachable one..
Welcome from QLD Australia mate. Love the pics of your new stump puller. Great looking machine

Back