2011 Rocket iii Touring Transmission & Final Drive Q & A

refined insanity

Standard Bore
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket iii
Hello. Couldnt find any solid answers online on how to check and change the transmission and final drive fluid on my bike. Wondering if anyone can help. I just got the bike a few months ago and doesnt seem like the previous owner kept up with the maintenance very well, so Iwant to do a thorough inspection of everything.

Thanks if you can help✌️

Here's a page from the service manual I use for my '14 R3T. It's pretty straight forward and the same. I"d recommend getting the entire manual. You can download it from folks here (right now the screen name eludes me of who has it in their signature block... someone may jump in or it will come to me later...)
-MIG

Rocket_III_Final_Drive_Oil_Change.jpg

Hello. Couldnt find any solid answers online on how to check and change the transmission and final drive fluid on my bike. Wondering if anyone can help. I just got the bike a few months ago and doesnt seem like the previous owner kept up with the maintenance very well, so Iwant to do a thorough inspection of everything.

Thanks if you can help✌️
Don't forget pinion shaft and driveshaft coupler.

A tip for final drive install
Center the drive shaft by placing an object under it .
I have used a small piece of wood and a small piece of vacuum hose and leaving it in there will not hurt but if you are the type that worries then use a piece of ice lol
Your arms will thank you.
Hth

You check the oil and trans oil with the engine oil stick.
Be careful of torquing the final drive drain bolt it likes to break leaving half of it in the final drive. I just tighten mine enough that it won't fall out.
A drop of silacone will stop if from falling out (but do not use full book torque)

Back