2011 R3R Ramair & Viking Exhaust Dyno Results

KalSaint

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
Evening Everybody,

Just picked up the bike from G P Bikes in Melbourne, FL after getting new tires put on and dyno tuned.
2011 Roadster with Ramair and full 3:1 Viking Exhaust.
20355 KN TORS.hex map used as base.
Initial pull: 143.16 HP & 145.47 ft-lbs
Final Result: 147.21 HP & 152.66 ft-lbs

I'm sure there are higher numbers to be gained but I was really looking for a nice balance between performance and gas mileage. Granted, I don't know what the gas mileage with this dyno is going to be like, but I do know that before the tune I was getting right around 28/29 MPG without even playing around on the bike. First impression is that the bike is 100% smoother on the throttle. Previously, it was very twitchy rolling on or off the throttle making for a jarring ride and low speed maneuvers that much more difficult. Now, acceleration is a helluva lot smoother and responsive.

Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to put some miles on the new skins because changing to the Road Commander 5 150/70 up front has completely changed the way she's rides.

Cheers,
Keith

Attachments

• 0409211823a.jpg
    0409211823a.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 44
Tuner used TuneECU for it. I will be reading the tune, saving it, and posting it here eventually since I know for a fact there aren't any specific tunes for my set up (at least not for 2011's ECUs.)
I have a 2011 and there are at least 3 tunes created on a 2011. One of which I'm running now. I don't think there is any difference from 2010 to 2018 in the ECU or the OEM tune. In 2013 I think they changed the rev limiter? ? But thats easy to fix.

I have a 2011 and there are at least 3 tunes created on a 2011. One of which I'm running now. I don't think there is any difference from 2010 to 2018 in the ECU or the OEM tune.
You are most likely correct, but when I searched the Resource section here, and at TuneECU.net, I found tunes that were close, but nothing that specifically stated 2011 R3R Ramair Viking 3:1. There was one I found for a 2014 (and I think Paul sent me) but that wouldn't play nice with my ECU. The others had the Ramair and Jardines or TORS, or Ramair with aftermarket exhaust. So, if there were some with my exact set up, they were not labeled in such away that a complete newbie to tuning like me could easily identify.

You are most likely correct, but when I searched the Resource section here, and at TuneECU.net, I found tunes that were close, but nothing that specifically stated 2011 R3R Ramair Viking 3:1. There was one I found for a 2014 (and I think Paul sent me) but that wouldn't play nice with my ECU. The others had the Ramair and Jardines or TORS, or Ramair with aftermarket exhaust. So, if there were some with my exact set up, they were not labeled in such away that a complete newbie to tuning like me could easily identify.
Just curious what were your symptoms with Paul's tune?

I have a 2011 and there are at least 3 tunes created on a 2011. One of which I'm running now. I don't think there is any difference from 2010 to 2018 in the ECU or the OEM tune. In 2013 I think they changed the rev limiter? ? But thats easy to fix.
I think the ecu changed in 2014. In the resource section on here, I think a lot of the tunes are very specific on pre 2014 or post 2014.

Torque curve looks great!! nice tabletop. HP just keeps building, looks like it peaked give or take 6000rpm. Crazy air fuel ratio but by the numbers it's working. After my tune I had a much better running bike and if I just steady cruise like last weekend we did an 800 mile road trip I'll get a consistent mid to upper 30's mpg.

Back