Too Tall Texan

.020 Over
Ride
2011 R3 Touring
Won't start. (Always has.) Key turned, in neutral, kill switch on, kick stand up, lights bright, system check, all good. Press the start switch....nothing. I tested the switch with multimeter and it functions perfectly when checking continuity. Thoughts? (Also, I am looking for an auxiliary lamp visor.)

assuming everything, you say always has started, what is the voltage when them bright lights you say are on? and what happens to that voltage when you hit the go fast button? Really have to atleast know that battery is indeed good.

Last edited:
Had similar problem this season . All I did was made sure all the plugs on the relays under the R side cover were sitting properly . These plugs are upside down when plugged in and it seems they do slide down with bumps & vibrations . This worked for me and have not had problems since .

Had similar problem this season . All I did was made sure all the plugs on the relays under the R side cover were sitting properly . These plugs are upside down when plugged in and it seems they do slide down with bumps & vibrations . This worked for me and have not had problems since .
Thank you! I'll give that a go!

DO it normal when it dont start try holding button in then start letting clutch lever out if it starts u need to clean the clutch switch
This is interesting. My bike would never start if the clutch was held in. It has to be released and in neutral to start.

assuming everything, you say always has started, what is the voltage when them bright lights you say are on? and what happens to that voltage when you hit the go fast button? Really have to atleast know that battery is indeed good.
Thanks! Yeah, the battery is new and the lights very bright. No dimming when hitting the start button. All indications were the switch was bad. It's like the signal isn't getting to the starter. I wonder... the switch must go to a relay to send juice to the starter. I'll check starter relay and starter connections.

Back