2008 tour fitting Jardine Rumblers HELP

2012cliff

Supercharged
Ride
2008 tour
Found an amazing deal while I was away for vacation in Florida. I knew that some mods would need to be done. So if anyone has already done this mod , I would be interested how you had it done.
The mod is to take a set of Jardine Rumblers and make them fit on a touring Rocket. The Jardines were meant to fit the Roadster.
Has anyone made this mod and how?

I have not seen that done yet. The header might be the same on the two styles, but the width between the cans especially in the back as the standard rockets get wider. Probably shorter then the touring jardines and I would guess some type os up sweep on the standards verses the straight under the hard bag mounts. Might be skme work there but still a possibility. Ya need to get a look at a touring set to help you decide on changes.

Good luck

I have not seen that done yet. The header might be the same on the two styles, but the width between the cans especially in the back as the standard rockets get wider. Probably shorter then the touring jardines and I would guess some type os up sweep on the standards verses the straight under the hard bag mounts. Might be skme work there but still a possibility. Ya need to get a look at a touring set to help you decide on changes.

Good luck
I did notice I will need to add an extention to the cross over pipe . My major inquire would be if I need to add a short extension between the header and the pipe [with muffler] or if changing the angle of the pipe [that goes into the header]
20170317_105451.jpg

Ya I bet the radius on the cross over pipe not the header is different because of the up swept. The other two radii on each pipe is diiferent due to the standards being splyed outwards. 240 verses 180 tire width. The width of the cross over might be close depending on where it starts widening out. Definetly starts to change at the front swingframe area maybe even the mounts.

Also the Touring rumblers hang from the pannier bracket, and have their brackets welded on with that in mind. You will certainly need to fab some brackets.

IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG
Cliff here are some pictures of the jardine touring exhaust I may be turning mine into a three into one not sure yet we'll here is a pipe I had made at an exhaust shop

Back