2005 parts compatibility with other years?

Thanks Kevin. I made the assumption internal parts may have been upgraded and would definitely check beforehand with an expert. Right now I’m just looking at new crash bars as the stock ones have stress cracked at the bolt hole on the top mount. I could see nothing different in the image but could find no info saying they’d fit an 05. I ordered them and am hoping for the best. Worst case I get to do a little modding. It is kind of strange that triumph’s own online parts catalog has nothing for the 04 or 05.
You probably have the old crappy engine guards Triumph upgraded in later models. The engine guards will fit 04-018.

I replaced my Triumph engine guards with aftermarket, you're right they are crappy.
First time I put my feet up on the engine guards they just bent all the way to the radiator. I replaced with a set of the upgraded ones and if you bend those at the top bracket you got have a real problem.

First time I put my feet up on the engine guards they just bent all the way to the radiator. I replaced with a set of the upgraded ones and if you bend those at the top bracket you got have a real problem.
Mine were the same, you could hold them and easily move them back and forth. The aftermarket ones are rock solid. I wanted crash bar mounted pegs but didn't bother until I replaced the bars. I bought these: Front Engine GUARD HIGHWAY CRASH Dresser Bar Triumph Rocket III Roadster Touring | eBay

Nice those are the ones I ordered. They come tomorrow.
You send them back! They no good! The good ones have ends like this one. Rounded at the end.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312-154315.png
    Screenshot_20210312-154315.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
@Jeff06098
For the most part 04-09 mostly the same. Some very small differences in 04-05 as compared to 06-09. 2010-on Roadster saw many changes in body. And yes some parts are the same from 04 to 18. But you just have to cross check to be sure.

I have many body parts from two '05 Rockets. Some of these were take offs from new. Never saw the street and have been in storage since then.
What do you need besides the engine guards ?

Bill.
Hey Bill,
I'm looking for a few parts for my 2005 Rocket. the plastic bracket that holds my right front indicator is broken and hard to find a replacement. Part # seems to have not changed at all, and yet clearly after 2009, it's different. Ideally, it would be better if there was an actual Metal option or a good 3rd party bracket option. I also have a cracked right headlight glass that is taped currently, but even though it comes apart, Triumph doesn't sell the individual breakout parts, but a generic glass will probably fit, assuming it's the same size/shape, etc.

Any thoughts or parts you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Buckley

Back