PTT

.040 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket III Touring
image.jpeg
Charlotte to Lake Lure to Marion, NC to home in one day. Set google maps to "Avoid Highways". Around 230 miles. What a beautiful ride through parts of my home state I've never seen! The Rocket handled like a dream, but the wife and I were feeling it toward the end and next morning! Might need to plan better next time. Great Day!

You have been blessed to live in a beautiful part of the country for riding. If that Touring is causing y'all discomfort at only 230 miles, it is obviously defective. I'll come pick it up and bring it to my house, so y'all will be safe from it. ;)

You have been blessed to live in a beautiful part of the country for riding. If that Touring is causing y'all discomfort at only 230 miles, it is obviously defective. I'll come pick it up and bring it to my house, so y'all will be safe from it. ;)
Hah! Not on your life brother!!

I actually just did my first long ride on my R3T as well. 653 miles and man my throttle hand was feeling it. I installed some highway pegs (the Kury Dually ones) the day before, and am going to switch them for the ones without the offset. I liked the extra comfort, but with as wide as the tank is I felt like I was tryung to do the splits. I kept my feet on the peg mounts instead of the pegs.

I'll tell you what though, I'm not doing another multi-state trip without at least throttle assist and I'm now looking into the cruise control system (not throttle lock)

I actually just did my first long ride on my R3T as well. 653 miles and man my throttle hand was feeling it. I installed some highway pegs (the Kury Dually ones) the day before, and am going to switch them for the ones without the offset. I liked the extra comfort, but with as wide as the tank is I felt like I was tryung to do the splits. I kept my feet on the peg mounts instead of the pegs.

I'll tell you what though, I'm not doing another multi-state trip without at least throttle assist and I'm now looking into the cruise control system (not throttle lock)
Yeah. ISO grips and throttle assist wil be my next purchase. Don't know if I want to put that much in cruise control.

Yeah. ISO grips and throttle assist wil be my next purchase. Don't know if I want to put that much in cruise control.

Also look at the Avon Air cushion grips, I won't say they are better or worse then the ISO grips but the throttle cable tab hasn't broken on my Avons yet. Can't say that about the ISO grips. When you do change your grips put the throttle grip in your saddlebag, that way you will never need a spare, if you leave it in the garage you will need one a long ways from home, It is the way of the universe. ;)

bob

I've heard very great things about the avon air grips and good things about the isos. I've been leaning twards the air grips myself. The reason I haven't is that I like the bar ends. If you do the throttle assist with the Avon grips you can't do the bar ends. The Isos will allow for bar end and throttle assist.

That being said, I got my Crampbuster in the mail and just tried it out. BEST $10 I spent on my bike. I put it on the end where it's almost completely over the bar-end but still touches the grip (I bought the off-set Crampbuster). Fantastic finger relief. Wish I had bought it before my long ride.

Also look at the Avon Air cushion grips, I won't say they are better or worse then the ISO grips but the throttle cable tab hasn't broken on my Avons yet. Can't say that about the ISO grips. When you do change your grips put the throttle grip in your saddlebag, that way you will never need a spare, if you leave it in the garage you will need one a long ways from home, It is the way of the universe. ;)

bob
Great advice. Thanks

Back