12 volt outlet stupid question

Power

I put a dual usb outlet in the left bag and a power outlet on the right panel just in front of the fuel tank.

The switch in saddlebag is for the LED's mounted under the bags...

Attachments

• 2013-08-26 at 17.01.53.jpg
    2013-08-26 at 17.01.53.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 2013-08-26 at 17.02.13.jpg
    2013-08-26 at 17.02.13.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 120
I just enlarged the hole a bit and put in a $10 cig lighter available at any auto parts store. You can wire it straight to the battery with an inline fuse or set up an auxiliary fuse box (what I did). I ran that aux fuse box on a relay so that it is only hot when the key is on. Mine even has the little cig symbol so that I feel even better about lighting up when I'm riding down the road.

I use mine to plug my battery tender into (don't have to lift the seat), hence wired directly to the battery.:cool:

It was meant to be used with the BMW type powerlet accessory. I've had the socket on both of my Triumphs and will have it installed on my new Touring when I pick it up.

The other suggestions are valid if you want to start from the get go with the regular sized outlet that is a US standard fixture. Being a british bike they went with the European adapter which ends in the US type outlet.

Dennis

OK, now for the next stupid question. Can I plug my battery trickle charger into the 12 volt outlet to charge the battery? (I've got a lead that goes from my battery charger into the 12 volt outlet). I don't know much about electricity, I'm presuming it goes both ways up a wire...

OK, now for the next stupid question. Can I plug my battery trickle charger into the 12 volt outlet to charge the battery? (I've got a lead that goes from my battery charger into the 12 volt outlet). I don't know much about electricity, I'm presuming it goes both ways up a wire...

I use mine to plug my battery tender into (don't have to lift the seat), hence wired directly to the battery.:cool:

That is exactly what I do

Back